PDA

View Full Version : locking ecm

SGFastMax
July 7th, 2010, 04:15 AM
why am i not able to lock 06+ ecm's? when i go to the locking tool it says ecm is equiped with a standard key (not locked).

Tordne
July 7th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Can you please confirm the software and firmware versions you have installed? As the time of this post we recommend installing the 7.5.6 Build 125 and 8.1.2 Build 105 versions from here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13991-July-05-2010-Pre-release). The version 8 software also includes the 2.06.35 firmware which you must also upgrade to.

Also, is it a DSP or stock calibration you are working with?

GMPX
July 7th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Locking 06+ ECM's is not done via the normal locking method.
Instead you need to look in the "Engine Operation" section in the folder "Operating System Patches". In there is a calibration {B9901}, change that to applied then FULL flash the ECM.
Even after this the ECM will show as 'not locked' but reading will no longer work.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - Best to also update your software as Andrew suggested.

bballer182
July 7th, 2010, 12:07 PM
ALSO! your V2 needs to be plugged into the computer before opening your tune file, or else the red "Op Sys Patches" folder will not be available.

SGFastMax
July 12th, 2010, 02:08 PM
i updated to the latest versions but my firmware never updated to the latest one. i installed the updates twice. even when i open the efi live HAPI it says its up to date.

Can you please confirm the software and firmware versions you have installed? As the time of this post we recommend installing the 7.5.6 Build 125 and 8.1.2 Build 105 versions from here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13991-July-05-2010-Pre-release). The version 8 software also includes the 2.06.35 firmware which you must also upgrade to.

Also, is it a DSP or stock calibration you are working with?

SGFastMax
July 12th, 2010, 02:10 PM
so when i use this meathod will i be able to use a selected key? will i be able to perform a quick flash or will i have to run a full reflash everytime as long as its locked?

Locking 06+ ECM's is not done via the normal locking method.
Instead you need to look in the "Engine Operation" section in the folder "Operating System Patches". In there is a calibration {B9901}, change that to applied then FULL flash the ECM.
Even after this the ECM will show as 'not locked' but reading will no longer work.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - Best to also update your software as Andrew suggested.

SGFastMax
July 12th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I dont have a folder in ther that says "os patches". Help

SGFastMax
July 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM
It is a dsp5 os im working with. Thanks

can you please confirm the software and firmware versions you have installed? As the time of this post we recommend installing the 7.5.6 build 125 and 8.1.2 build 105 versions from here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13991-july-05-2010-pre-release). The version 8 software also includes the 2.06.35 firmware which you must also upgrade to.

Also, is it a dsp or stock calibration you are working with?

Tordne
July 12th, 2010, 02:36 PM
If your 2.06.35 firmware is not dated 30 July (there were numerous versions of 2.06.35 during beta) then you can update to that version by using the firmware tab of EFILive Explorer.

As 'bballer182' mentioned you need to have your FlashScan v2 connected to your PC before starting the Tune Tool application or these section is not shown. It is under the 'Engine Operating' section.

bballer182
July 13th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Also another little hint. DSP OS's for the bosch ECM's ('06+) are not readable from the ECM anyways. The ECM's are automatically locked when flashed with a DSP OS, because part of the OS is stored in an extended section of the ECM that is not readable so if it was downloaded from the ECM you would only get part of the OS and and have a corrupt file. Which, is why you may not be able to see the OS patches folder in a DSP tune file. Try it on a stock OS.

SGFastMax
July 13th, 2010, 08:56 AM
after downloading and installing the updates, the latest firmware version i am able to update with is dated june 30th 2010. how can i obtain the july 30th update?

If your 2.06.35 firmware is not dated 30 July (there were numerous versions of 2.06.35 during beta) then you can update to that version by using the firmware tab of EFILive Explorer.

As 'bballer182' mentioned you need to have your FlashScan v2 connected to your PC before starting the Tune Tool application or these section is not shown. It is under the 'Engine Operating' section.

SGFastMax
July 13th, 2010, 09:00 AM
never mind i got it now. thanks everyone!