PDA

View Full Version : Built 4l60 w/Transgo shift firmness

InTruckDesign
July 8th, 2010, 11:54 PM
I have a '07 tahoe with 5.3/4l60 combo which just had the trans. rebuilt. The shop I used said to return the ecm/tcm to stock files and to adjust for tire size only(I run taller than stock) and that is what the Transgo was calibrated to run on. Fast forward to a couple weeks later, trans. is broken in and I go reflash ecm/tcm with shift pressures set to stock, shift times zero'd out and trq reduction at 0. I took the truck out and wow this thing shifted like nobody's business, but my 1>2 upshift was a bit too harsh for my liking. So I started adjusting the tune, after some reading on here I decided to just add som TM back in and see how I like it, so after adding 10% TM back in it was better , but still had a harshness about it that I wasn't happy with. Next up I played around with shift pressures, and lowered them from stock by 5 all down the column, and left TM at 10% still getting better, but still too much of a bump in the seat. Now I decided it was time to play around with the shift times and after even more reading I felt comfortable in trying .2 down the column, seemed to have no effect on the feel of the shift, but I could tell it seemed slower.
Well now I am sorta stuck on what my next step should be, I am toying around with the idea of changing my shift times back to stock...is this taboo since I am running the TransgoHD2 and should zero out my times to disable adaptive learning?? Driving the truck with the stock tune the 1>2 upshift is almost where I like it, but onn the soft side of things. I am thinking that this is my only logical next step since I already am at lower than stock pressures and 10% TM added back in...Is it ok to run stock times on the 1>2 and zero's on the other shifts?? Thanks for any help--Dan

joecar
July 9th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Try something like setting TM to 30%, see if this makes a change, and if this change is consistent.

InTruckDesign
July 9th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I actually did a run with TM ramped up from 0 in the first six rows to a total of 30 by the last two rows, it really didn't seem to change it much. I will try adding 30% across the board for the 1>2 upshift. I am thinking that there is an issue between my tune and Transgo, the trans was set-up for the stock tune.

joecar
July 10th, 2010, 11:06 AM
BTW: welcome to the forum :cheers:

InTruckDesign
July 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks joecar. I've been reading reading and reading some more. This is my first post as I have not been able to find a cut and dry answer searching the site.

joecar
July 10th, 2010, 03:50 PM
The answer might be in how the 1-2 accumulator is setup with the HD2 kit, how many washers...?

InTruckDesign
July 13th, 2010, 02:27 AM
I will have to check how many washers were installed, but it shifts fine with a stock tune loaded in the tcm, only thing different between the two tunes is shift times. I ran stock pressures, stock TM, and .2 for shift times and still firm...still thinking I need to run close to stock times to lighten the shift up a bit, but not sure if thats the right thing to do.

joecar
July 13th, 2010, 04:22 AM
I think it will be ok with stock shift times.

This is my own $0.03.

slow67
July 13th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I think it will be ok with stock shift times.

This is my own $0.03.

X2...the TG kit increased the pressures so you don't have to in the tune.

InTruckDesign
July 13th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I guess my issue is that just about everyone recommends to run shift times at 0.00 when you have the TGHD2 to disable adaptive shift learning. So if I run stock times on the 1>2 upshift will it just adaptive learn on that shift and keep it disabled on the other shifts?

Chevy366
July 13th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Like joecar says , stock settings are what the TransGo is built to modify , thus running stock settings are preferable .
Start back at stock shift times , 0 makes it harsh (2or3), adaptive shift times are best left stock and then if you don't like something go from there , yes you can run different shift times for different segments .

InTruckDesign
July 14th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Ok, put the 1>2 shift times back to stock, seemed better like it went from harsh to firm, log still showed a .2 max with a .1 time as average.

joecar
July 14th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Log it for a week, see if the average changes.

InTruckDesign
July 15th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I think I may have found another reason for my harsh 1>2 shift, TCC was set to "ON" during upshift, I changed it to "Release on Upshift" will test and log tomorrow to see how it is. Might be able to lower my shift times again.

alian
September 30th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I think I may have found another reason for my harsh 1>2 shift, TCC was set to "ON" during upshift, I changed it to "Release on Upshift" will test and log tomorrow to see how it is. Might be able to lower my shift times again.
Thats interesting. Was it like from std or had it been accidentily turned on???
Cheers Ian

slow67
September 30th, 2010, 01:33 PM
The TC physically can't be locked in 1st, ask me how I know how :shock: .....If it did try to lock, it would shift and then lock, feeling like a long shift.