PDA

View Full Version : have a look at my knocking log

pauly24
July 9th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Here is a log I took last night, with a bit of hard driving.

Wherever there is burst knock, my knock sensors do pick up some knock, so this means I should leave the burst knock setting as its not pulling out timing in situations of no knock?

As you can see there is a bit of knock going on and my scalar goes up to 50%, how would you go about fixing this.

For example: Frame 4155, there is large knock occouring, would I just go to my high spark map and pull out a degree of timing in that single cell and log again? or do you pull out the same amount of timing as kr pid does, which would be 7 degrees in this case? Do you then smooth the cells around it?

Dialing in AFRs was pretty easy to do, but spark is a bit harder.

izaks
July 10th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Difficult to say without having accurate fuelling data as well. I suspect you are running very lean, because you should never have knock as in frame 2457 with such low load.
You also need to zero out spark IAT for all temps up to 30c and up to 48 g/cyl.

pauly24
July 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM
The knock sensors don't show anything at frame 2457, am I missing something?

izaks
July 13th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Knock starts in frame 2447, peaking at 1.9 in frame 2457 - strange at such low load - .39 g/cyl at 1546 rpm in frame 2457 .
Without seeing how lean/rich you running, it is difficult to give more advise.
There is a lot of knock in your log, which needs to be addressed first

pauly24
July 13th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Cheers, I will go back to ben logging and see how everything is, if it needs touching up I will fix that then redo some logs for spark with AFRs logged as well.

Is there anything else that should be logged?