PDA

View Full Version : Knock question?

GAMEOVER
July 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
What would be the problem if you can hear knock but doesn't show up on any of my datalogs? I tried to do a couple of WOT(2008 Silverado E38) run's but I can hear pinging, so I would immediately let off, go back to my shop, review logs & no Knock or Knock retard present in any of my logs...:shock:
Can knock sensor's go bad? If they were bad would they throw a DTC? Maybe they're disconnected...I'll make sure tomorrow morning
IDK....:confused:

GAMEOVER
July 11th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Checked everything out this morning, knock sensor connector's & wiring look good...No exhaust leaks, nothing banging on motor or exhaust...Maybe I was just hearing things...I did change plugs to NGK TR-55 though & gapped to .050
Screwing around on an empty road this morning, I didn't hear anything...Maybe I'm just paranoid or just getting old....:shock:

joecar
July 11th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Keep an ear on it and see what comes of it.

odd boy
July 11th, 2010, 07:05 PM
These cars have very sensitive sensors, looks like you played around with the setting of the knock sensors!!! By the way TR-6 is giving better results.

GAMEOVER
July 12th, 2010, 03:24 AM
These cars have very sensitive sensors, looks like you played around with the setting of the knock sensors!!! By the way TR-6 is giving better results.

Stock setting's on Knock sensor's.....
TR-6 is better suited for modified vehicle's I thought.....

joecar
July 12th, 2010, 03:35 AM
TR6 is only one step colder, should be fine, especially in hot weather, regardless of mods.

odd boy
July 12th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Yeah, I use them with the new commodore. They eliminate 40% of the knocking. Can you post the file !!!