PDA

View Full Version : Can't Load a File

L31Sleeper
July 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I tried to open a tune in the V7.5 software and I got this.

EFILive can not load the file: F:\EFILive\tunes\LMM_DSP5_0002.ctd

Can not merge calibrations with CPU system file:
C:\program files\EFILive\V7.5\configuration\Z00.ext

joecar
July 12th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Which V7 and V8 software build versions...?

L31Sleeper
July 13th, 2010, 12:55 AM
v7.5 = build 117
v8 = build 97

maybe one is corrupt ??

joecar
July 13th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Try the latest builds (including the firmware): July-05-2010-Pre-release (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13991-July-05-2010-Pre-release)

L31Sleeper
July 13th, 2010, 06:53 PM
New software installed, problem remains the same.

I can open old .CTD files, but if I save one now I can not re-open it ??

Abdulla
July 13th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Maybe your .ctd files are created with older version (e.g, 7.4...etc)

Did you try to:
Open a .ctd file, then save it as .tun, then save as ctd?

joecar
July 14th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Yes, that is correct, you have to create the .ctd from a .tun using the newer software.

L31Sleeper
July 14th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I now have the LATEST version of EVERYTHING. If I open a .tun file and save as a .ctd , I can not re-open that file.

joecar
July 14th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Do Help->About on the tunetool, make sure it says build 125.

Please post your .tun and .ctd files here (if you don't want to post them, standy by for an email address...)

Tordne
July 14th, 2010, 09:42 AM
There was a bug in a previous software release that would "pad" the file incorrectly. I recall this issue included the LMM ECM so lie Joe suggests please do ensure you have the latest software and firmware versions. You can also send the file to me at support@efilive.com if you like.

L31Sleeper
July 14th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Here ya go ----> 8536

joecar
July 14th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Do you have the .tun file...?

Tordne
July 14th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I get the same error loading that file. There is definitely something wrong with it. I think you'll have to go back to a previous .tun file and re-save into the .ctd format. If you get the same error again then we'll need to escalate to product development.

L31Sleeper
July 14th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Here ya go ----> 8537

With all due respect I wouldn't waste your resources unless I'd tried it over and over.
I tried it on a PC at work, same result (with a fresh download of the software)
I even bought Norton AntiVirus 2010 today and everything checks out.

Thank you for your time.

Tordne
July 14th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Are you able to send me (support@efilive.com) the .tun file that you are saving this .ctd from please (the DSP in .tun basically)?

L31Sleeper
July 14th, 2010, 06:24 PM
It's at the top of my last post. I can also e-mail it if it helps.

Tordne
July 14th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Sorry didn't see it there :)

Tordne
July 14th, 2010, 06:34 PM
OK, so I have exactly the same issue which is good. I have emailed development to have a look at it. The problem is not DSP specific, it occurs with standard LMM files also.

L31Sleeper
July 14th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Thank you

It helps to know I'm not crazy.

Tordne
July 14th, 2010, 06:46 PM
It should hopefully be somethign pretty obvious as I know it worked in a previous version. I tested saving an LMM as a .ctd specifically without issue.

Abdulla
July 15th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Sorry gentlemen, I'm not a computer expert but I'm trying to help with what so ever knowledge I have.

L31Sleeper,

I downloaded your file (tun & ctd) and I got the same problem. However, I tweaked EFILIVE to force open the ctd file and here is what I got (Checksum error), there is something fishy with your files:sly: but I could correct it.

It is better to wait for an advice from software engineer instead of putting your ECM at risk

Kindly see the attached files to get an idea of you ctd files issue

Tuned Luck

joecar
July 15th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Interesting.

L31Sleeper
July 15th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I thought I might have a Virus that is why I bought Norton. But Andrew says the same thing is
happening with a bone stock LMM file.

Tordne
July 15th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Yeah the LBZ/LMM ECM calibrations are merged with a pre or post image to make a complete file. There was an error with this, which was subsequently resolved. It seems like something has been reintroduced. I expect it will be a simple resolution (it was working previously).

Abdulla
July 15th, 2010, 07:05 AM
L31Sleeper,

I sent you an email for how maybe this get resolved, it might be laying in your junk folder.

Tordne
July 15th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I would recommend waiting for the correct fix to be implemented. While a "workaround" may be possible doing anything outside of the regular meansy cause you issue which we are not able to resolve for you. Also, the .ctd format for the LBZ/LMM is not strictly a requirement as support is not yet released for BBF.

Abdulla
July 15th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I expect it will be a simple resolution

It is

I would recommend waiting for the correct fix to be implemented. While a "workaround" may be possible doing anything outside of the regular meansy cause you issue which we are not able to resolve for you. Also, the .ctd format for the LBZ/LMM is not strictly a requirement as support is not yet released for BBF.

I do agree

L31Sleeper
July 15th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Is there any way to tell if the .TUN file will be safe to flash on the truck, with the laptop?
I don't NEED the BBF feature, just thought it would be cool.

Abdulla
July 15th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Copied it from EFILIVE manual (page.42)-press F1 on EFILIVE tune tool screen-:

"Segments: Displays the eight PCM segment part numbers (values that identify the factory calibration) and their correct checksum as calculated by EFILive. If the checksum calculated by EFILive is different to the checksum in the calibration file, then a red cross is displayed next to the segment name. For safety reasons, *.tun and *.bin files that have one or more incorrect checksums, cannot be flashed in to the PCM. "

+2007 LMM has a feature to keep history of altered calibration of stock tune, when you try to modify that tune it calculates GM calibration number, if not matching (due to modified calibration) you will get checksum error.

This means your (tun & ctd) files may have checksum error, so don't flash the ECM until it get corrected or verified by EFILIVE that it is safe to do so.

L31Sleeper
July 16th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Don't flash the ECM until it get corrected or verified by EFILIVE that it is safe to do so.

How do I do that ?

When I load the *.Tun file I don't see a checksum error ??

Tordne
July 16th, 2010, 07:26 AM
The issue is that the function that is being called to save the file as a .ctd formatted file is incorrect. There is no such issue with .tun file formats :)

L31Sleeper
July 16th, 2010, 07:29 AM
The issue is that the function that is being called to save the file as a .ctd formatted file is incorrect. There is no such issue with .tun file formats

So my .tun file is ok right.

Tordne
July 16th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Yup, .TUN file should be fine.

Abdulla
July 16th, 2010, 07:58 AM
L31Sleeper, can you check your original stock tune file? open it, click on [Calibration] tab, under {calibration identifiers} you will notice {OS}, check the first digit, is it starting with (1), (2) or (5)?, 2 refers to DSP2, 5 for DSP5. If it is (1) or (2) you will need to full reflash the ECM if (I'm not mistaken) as you will be upgrading the OS itself not the tune, and then you will need to flash again with calibration file. (your tune files are for OS DSP5)

I think there is a lot of things involved in flashing your ECM, thus it would be better to get "Technically correct" advice from EFILIVE

My knowledge is limited to some tweaks here and there, therefore I don't see myself in capacity to recommend something unless I'm 100% sure about it, but I always try to offer some opinions to help

Abdulla
July 16th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Sorry, I couldn't notice that there are some replies while I was writing the above post

Blacky
July 16th, 2010, 08:49 AM
The problem is that the V7 software is creating LMM *.ctd files incorrectly with an LBZ stream tag. That means when it is read back into the V7 software the V7 software treats the file as an LBZ image instead of an LMM image. I am fixing the V7 software to correctly tag LMM files with the LMM stream. The fix will be available in the next release. Until then you won't be able to save LMM files using the *.ctd format from the V7 software.

Regards
Paul