PDA

View Full Version : V1 Commercial only recognized when cable is plugged in

00ChevyScott
July 16th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I bought a V1 setup from a guy quite awhile ago, and he had upgraded it to V1 Commercial version. When the cable is plugged in, it accepts the license info fine and works great, but when the cable is disconnected from the computer, it tries to tell me it is in demo mode. The only solution I have found is to change the settings in EFILive to personal, and it will accept the registration info, but does not work when the cable is plugged back in.

Any ideas? Is there an updated registration key that I need that the previous owner did not supply to me? Thanks in advance.

joecar
July 16th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Scott,

Do you have the blue registration card that came with the V1 (this has the Commercial license key)...?

If not, then email your V1's serial number to support@efilive.com and the license key will be set to you.

And welcome to the forum :cheers:

Tordne
July 16th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Demo Mode will be shown when you have not entered the details from the blue registration card. When the cable is connected to your PC the Tune Tool reads the cable to get the effective license level, and suppresses the Demo Mode message.

If you send me the (support@efilive.com) the Serial Number and Auth Code (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=2143-YUOG-8049) I'll see what the cable is known as in our database.

00ChevyScott
July 16th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Email sent! :cheers:

All of the blue card information works when the cable is plugged in, but when it is not plugged in it goes into demo mode. If I go back into the settings and change it back to Personal it will work correctly when the cable is not connected.

Tordne
July 16th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Email coming back your way. It is definitely a Commercial Scan and Tune license. When you are using the Tune Tool without FlashScan connected the Help->About screen will always show an Personal effective license level just so you know not to worry about that :).