PDA

View Full Version : Full Flash and requirement to isolate from the Class-2 network

TurboCamaro
July 18th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I am getting ready to do my first COS on a Supercharged 03 Vette.

The Full Flash section in the manual states that the PCM should be removed from the vehicle or to use Star connector to isolate the PCM from the Class-2 network. However the COS tutorial doesn't say anything about isolation or removal. Is this a concern?

Thanks

ScarabEpic22
July 18th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I wouldnt worry about it, just make sure you can cal flash the non-COS tune in easily so the other modules are properly shutting down (more of an issue with aftermarket HUs, alarms, etc).

Just shut everything down, pull fuses for Onstar (if equipped) and ALL aftermarket stereo stuff that touches the OBDII line, and full flash it.

TurboCamaro
July 19th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Thanks!

ScarabEpic22
July 19th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Yep, let us know how it goes. Should be smooth sailing!

TurboCamaro
July 21st, 2010, 09:40 AM
A quick update. The car is up and running with COS and original Cal (Magnacharger base cal) loaded. Just waiting for the 2 Bar MAP to land then can do the tune. Only comment I have is I got a bit concerned when the Cal didn't want to flash. The cars battery got a bit low. Charged the battery and the Cal flashed fine.

ScarabEpic22
July 22nd, 2010, 05:27 AM
Glad to hear it! Make sure you charge the battery, Ive had an LLY die on me during a flash. Not fun, but threw a charger on it for 10-15min and flashed it again.