PDA

View Full Version : Tuning for circle d 3200 stall

05gmcsierra
July 20th, 2010, 04:13 PM
well i just installed 4.10 gears transgo hd2 shift kit, trutrac locker and 3200 stall... my take off feels great.. but after that its just not the same as my 3,73 gears...what needs to be adjusted? i feel like the truck has the power to push these gears and get them moving but it just seems like it does nothing. ifeel like if it was back to stock on the second gear pull.. my 3.73 gears pulled much better... could it be my stall is unlocked at all times causing too much slippage and not enough power to the wheels.. is their a way to lock it as soon as it goes into 2nd? please help... truck got slower with these mods...

05gmcsierra
July 21st, 2010, 02:43 PM
anyone know how to adjust tune for this stall? my second seems really weak like if torque converter is taking all the power..i heard not to lock it but is their a way to make it put more power to the ground?

LS1_Dragster
July 22nd, 2010, 12:59 AM
Do you happen to have a log file? It may be quicker but feel slower because you don't have the RPM range you once did. I know from experience that a 3000+ converter thats built inefficiently, in other words, a cheap converter will never feel right on the street. I had a 4500 stall in my chevelle built by Yank and it drove on the the street exceptionally well but I have a Hughes 3000 stall in my firebird and it's not as nice to drive. In fact I too have inquired about locking it in 2nd gear but after many attempts I never did get it to feel right so I just live with it.

Without knowing what engine and mods you have, it may be under powered for that high of stall on the street. Please post a log.

Lee

joecar
July 22nd, 2010, 02:55 AM
What cam do you have...?

05gmcsierra
July 22nd, 2010, 04:08 AM
Sorry don't have access to comp.. But cam is 212/218 Lunati vodoo... I would tell u everything but its kinda hard off my phone.. My signature and logs have been posted on pt.net.. Under engine mods with thead called feeling power loss... If u don't mind going over to check it out I would really appreciate it. I'm under same username... I'm not tuned for it by my tuner but I soon will but till then I really wanted to c y I was having this problem and how I could fix it on my own since I have efi myself... Thanks.

joecar
July 22nd, 2010, 06:32 AM
Get engine tuned and running properly and see how the stall/trans go from there.

05gmcsierra
July 22nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
Get engine tuned and running properly and see how the stall/trans go from there.

engine is tuned but not for the torque converter.. i wanted to adjust things on my own.. i will have an updated tune for it soon..