PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to reset the peak/max value on a gauge while logging?

ryans1000
July 20th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Is it possible to reset the peak/max value on a gauge while logging?

Tordne
July 20th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Not in the version 7 software. The Min and Max values are for the entire logged session. In version 8 it will be possible to have the Min and Max needles reset after so many seconds, like you commonly see on TV coverage for rev counters :)

ryans1000
July 21st, 2010, 02:36 AM
I find it very useful to look at the peak knock value while I do pulls on the street. If it does show knock I like to reset it and look again during my next pull but that requires starting and stopping the log.

Blacky
July 21st, 2010, 09:17 AM
At first I agreed with what Andrew said, that there was no way to do it. So I took a quick look at how difficult it would be to implement it.
Tracking through the code, I saw that the min/max and average values are reset whenever a selection is made or canceled.
Pressing the Shift key cancels a selection in the charts and as a side effect also resets the min, max and average values.
So that would have to be the easiest "enhancement" I have ever had to make to EFILive. :)

Regards
Paul

ryans1000
July 21st, 2010, 09:35 AM
so tonight I will try hitting the shift key during live logging and see if it works.

Blacky
July 21st, 2010, 09:39 AM
I did just that and it worked for me :)
It also works during playback.

Paul

joecar
July 21st, 2010, 10:22 AM
:cheers: