PDA

View Full Version : Problem reading the PCM!!!Help Please!!!!

Earl H
January 15th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Ok went out to do 2 things:
- test A/F logging feature (external)
- read PCM

Nothing seems to be going right today.

Re: reading the PCM. That proved unsucessful...I keep getting a "PCM Did not accept boot loaader...EFI could not unlock PCM"

The thing is the PCM isn't locked. I have been tuning my own car w/ LS1EDIT from the beginning and I have never locked it. I even re-read the PCM with Edit, with no problems. What could be causing this?

Second item:

My external voltage readings, w/o any signal being sent starts off at 3.5V. When I send a signal from my wideband, the A/F values and Voltage values are all over the place and they bear no resemblance to the A/F values showing on my Blitz EBC which has been confirmed to be accurate on the dyno...What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

Need help bad... :( :( :(

GMPX
January 15th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Earl, we'll get to the A/D issue next, but for now can you please email either myself (ross@efilive.com) or Paul (paul@efilive.com) a file that will be saved in a directory -
\My Documents\EFILive\V7\Bug reports

Look for "upload.blx".

Can you please send one of us that.

Cheers,
Ross

Earl H
January 15th, 2005, 05:32 PM
File sent...from Email Addy: teresayharris@yahoo.com

Earl H

Blacky
January 15th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Re: reading the PCM. That proved unsucessful...I keep getting a "PCM Did not accept boot loaader...EFI could not unlock PCM"

The thing is the PCM isn't locked. I have been tuning my own car w/ LS1EDIT from the beginning and I have never locked it. I even re-read the PCM with Edit, with no problems. What could be causing this?

The problem with the "locked" PCM is EFILive is not calculating a small* set of seed/keys correctly. The PCM is not really locked - EFILive just thinks it is. A new software release will be available asap this week with a patch for that issue.

*your PCM just happens to have a key that falls into that "small" set :( sorry!

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 15th, 2005, 08:26 PM
My external voltage readings, w/o any signal being sent starts off at 3.5V. When I send a signal from my wideband, the A/F values and Voltage values are all over the place and they bear no resemblance to the A/F values showing on my Blitz EBC which has been confirmed to be accurate on the dyno...What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

Not sure what that problem might be.
Firstly: does your WBO2 controller ouput voltage in the range 0..5.0 volts?

Secondly: I have just been retesting A/D black-box logging and it appears that AD1 is not being loaded back into theScan Tool at all, when black-box logging is finished. I haven't finished investigating this "anomally" yet.

So I suggest you set up the AD2 pin for your wide band for the time being. Until I can figure out what is going on with AD1.

The AD2 pin is the pin (in the 3 pin connector) that is closest to the 2 pin connector. The ground is the center pin of the 3 pin connector.
Jut for your reference, in the PID definitions:
AD1's raw value is PRN $F400
AD2's raw value is PRN $F401
EGT's raw value is PRN $F402

See page 93 of the EFILive Scan Tool doc for pinouts.

Regards
Paul

Earl H
January 16th, 2005, 03:25 AM

Not sure what that problem might be.
Firstly: does your WBO2 controller ouput voltage in the range 0..5.0 volts?

Secondly: I have just been retesting A/D black-box logging and it appears that AD1 is not being loaded back into theScan Tool at all, when black-box logging is finished. I haven't finished investigating this "anomally" yet.

So I suggest you set up the AD2 pin for your wide band for the time being. Until I can figure out what is going on with AD1.

The AD2 pin is the pin (in the 3 pin connector) that is closest to the 2 pin connector. The ground is the center pin of the 3 pin connector.
Jut for your reference, in the PID definitions:
AD1's raw value is PRN $F400
AD2's raw value is PRN $F401
EGT's raw value is PRN $F402

See page 93 of the EFILive Scan Tool doc for pinouts.

Regards
Paul

Switched to AD2 and the same thing is happening. Its like its cycling from low to high. My EBC which has an W/B feed is reading steady as a rock. Could it be a bad ground?

Blacky
January 16th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Switched to AD2 and the same thing is happening. Its like its cycling from low to high. My EBC which has an W/B feed is reading steady as a rock. Could it be a bad ground?

Does it look similar to a factory O2 voltage signal?
Some WBO2 controllers output a simulated narrow band O2 signal, is that what you are logging?

Regards
Paul

Earl H
January 16th, 2005, 08:15 AM
No, I tapped into the the same w/b output that is feeding my boost controller.