PDA

View Full Version : Vane Positon Question

LBZoom
July 26th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Hey guys,
Tuning an LLY for a freind of mine. Got it running great and just going back to do some minor touch ups like dialing in the vane tables and such, but I do have one question.

Is it normal/possible that if I'm commanding 26-28psi of boost on his stock turbo that I should see vane positions as high as 86% in my map...at higher rpm's?

It's running fine and not barking at all but I just wonder if this is accurate... The other reason I ask is because the boost pressure PID is reading low, but maybe a glitch from logging too many channels?

bballer182
July 27th, 2010, 12:16 AM
really depends on how much fuel you are putting through the cylinders to make the heat to drive the turbo.

LBZoom
July 27th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Yeah, but I guess what my concern is, is if anyone else has seen #'s like this in their logs and/or used those actual numbers in the vane tables when "dialing" in the vanes? I mean I guess it's safe otherwise the truck wouldn't be running so well.

I figure it's about 400 rwhp or a touch less, and I'm only commaning 26-27psi of boost (actual). My boost pressure PID doesn't show that I'm making anywhere near that even though the truck runs great, so I'm not sure if that's a glitch or not. At 3,000 rpms and 120 mm3 of fuel it's showing 30psi map pressure, which is only 16psi actual boost... I know it's running better than that, but he also has 32 channels selected so that's why I was thinking maybe a glitch.