PDA

View Full Version : BCM replacement issues?

MadMaxHSV
July 27th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Hi,

I'm looking to replace my BCM to hopefully fix some weird issues i'm having with my dash lights and the dimmer.

Question is what needs doing to pair a new BCM and can it be done with any of the EFILive tools?

Cheers
Piers

ScarabEpic22
July 27th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Not sure but I know EFILive cannot touch anything BCM related, sounds like its a dealer or a shop with a Tech II's job.

n8dogg
July 30th, 2010, 01:32 PM
unfortunately BCM programming must be done at a GM dealership. They use Service Programing, a software from GM, with the Tech-2 as the communicator. There might be some independent shops here or there that may have (illegal) access to SPS but I am sure it would be almost impossible to find.

joecar
July 30th, 2010, 01:55 PM
The tunetool can do a BCM->PCM VATS relink, but I have only done this on a 4th Gen F-car.

ChipsByAl
July 30th, 2010, 02:07 PM
GM SPS and Service Information software can be purchased online @ https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/subscribehome
It is an access that is sold by days or a year at a time. For programming, a GM tool is required. Independent shops would subscribe to this.
Al

MadMaxHSV
August 31st, 2010, 02:38 AM
Cheers for the reponses. Done some research and it appears you can recode without a Tech 2 by a manual process. Document attached is useful info. Not tried it yet though to see if it works....8911