PDA

View Full Version : V5 to V6 update using Autotap ATI V2 link

Leonard Sparks
July 28th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Gentlemen,
I bought an autotap ATI V2 software package 3 years ago that originally came with the V5 software (EFILive V5 professional), it has been registered and works fine. However, I decided to download the V6 software (from EFI webpage) because it has an additional feature of bidirectional communication which I would love to use (mainly for the CKP relearn).
The problem is I need to now how and where to get the key to be able to register the V6 program.
The new V6 version is: EFILive V6 exe V6.4.0 (Build 53) obdII dll V6.4.0. (Build 173)
I would really like to get this activated as I am getting ready to fire off a iron block LS6 in my '78 Camaro.
Thanks in advance for any direction you can give me. :help2:

joecar
July 28th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Hi LS,

I notified Tech Support regarding a registration key.

Also, you might also consider V7 software.

Tordne
July 28th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Can you please email me (support@efilive.com) with:
- The AutoTap serial number
- EFILive V5 Pro registration key
- Proof of purchase

Cheers,

Blacky
July 28th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Hi LS,

I notified Tech Support regarding a registration key.

Also, you might also consider V7 software.

I agree, V7 would be better than V6.
Regards
Paul

Leonard Sparks
July 28th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I will be willing to purchase the V7 if that will be the way to go. I will provide the infomration for the V5 as soon as I get home tonight ( at work at this time). Let me know what I need to do to purchase the V7 upgrade.
Thanks, Gentelmen.

Blacky
July 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I will be willing to purchase the V7 if that will be the way to go. I will provide the infomration for the V5 as soon as I get home tonight ( at work at this time). Let me know what I need to do to purchase the V7 upgrade.
Thanks, Gentelmen.
There's no charge to upgrade to V7 if you already have an EFILive V5 or V6 Pro registration for your AutoTap cable.
Just send the V5 registration details to paul@efilive.com or support@efilive.com and we'll send you back a V7 license.
Then just download the latest V7 software here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14085-July-20-2010-Pre-release
And you're good to go.

Regards
Paul

Leonard Sparks
July 29th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Thanks for your help, it loaded with no issues. I am blown away with all the features, sure is going to take getting used to. :cheers:

bashturbo
May 25th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Dear EFILive Team,

I am using the USB Autotap OBD II Diagnostic Scanner that came with the EFILive Software program. In the Software Registration Certificate instructions, I simply need to enter the registration key to activate AutoTap and EFILive software. My Software Registration Key : B1176CL7R82D, is not recognized by the EFILive Software. AutoTap Hardware Interface Serial Number: 0050263041. Please help.

Regards,

Bash

Blacky
May 25th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Dear EFILive Team,

I am using the USB Autotap OBD II Diagnostic Scanner that came with the EFILive Software program. In the Software Registration Certificate instructions, I simply need to enter the registration key to activate AutoTap and EFILive software. My Software Registration Key : B1176CL7R82D, is not recognized by the EFILive Software. AutoTap Hardware Interface Serial Number: 0050263041. Please help.

Regards,

Bash

That serial and registration code is for the AutoTap hardware and software, not for EFLive. The AutoTap hardware shipped with a CD containing both EFILive and AutoTap software regardless of which software combinations you purchased. If you purchased the EFILive Scan Tool option when you purchased the AutoCal hardware, then they would have also received an EFILive registration key allowing you to use the EFILive Scan Tool software. If not, then you are only registered to use the AutoTap software. The EFILive registration key will have multiple segments separated by dashes like this: ABCD-EFGH-IJKL-MNOP.

Regards
Paul

bashturbo
May 26th, 2012, 03:18 PM
That serial and registration code is for the AutoTap hardware and software, not for EFLive. The AutoTap hardware shipped with a CD containing both EFILive and AutoTap software regardless of which software combinations you purchased. If you purchased the EFILive Scan Tool option when you purchased the AutoCal hardware, then they would have also received an EFILive registration key allowing you to use the EFILive Scan Tool software. If not, then you are only registered to use the AutoTap software. The EFILive registration key will have multiple segments separated by dashes like this: ABCD-EFGH-IJKL-MNOP.

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I now think that I can't use the Autotap hardware for tuning with EFILive, only for scanning purposes or can be used but with limited features only. I now understand why it goes to the "demo" mode when I tried tuning a corvette with EFILive. I thought at first that you may be able to supply me valid registration key or updated registration key but I guess that is not the way. What do you suggest now? Thank you so much for your support.

regards,

Bash

Blacky
May 26th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I now think that I can't use the Autotap hardware for tuning with EFILive, only for scanning purposes or can be used but with limited features only. I now understand why it goes to the "demo" mode when I tried tuning a corvette with EFILive. I thought at first that you may be able to supply me valid registration key or updated registration key but I guess that is not the way. What do you suggest now? Thank you so much for your support.

regards,

Bash

The AutoTap interface cable was never able to flash/program a controller, even with the EFILive software.

In the past we used to sell a Scan Only license that allowed an AutoTap owner to use the EFILive Scan Tool software with their AutoTap interface. The Scan Only license used to cost around $400 (if I recall correctly) however that type of license has not been available for many years now.

If you're interested in purchasing a FlashScan device, a Scan Only FlashScan device is $499, or a Scan and Tune FlashScan is $899.

Regards
Paul