PDA

View Full Version : Oh just a few questions I have gathered...

n8dogg
July 31st, 2010, 01:02 PM
First...
I changed my intake around to a different duct in efforts to get my MAF to settle down. Well now my Log shows more negative LTFT averages. Do you think I am getting less air than before? More air than before? Or do you think it was because I was doing expressway driving with a couple of WOT pulls?

Second...
Sorry for being a newb still, but when do you adjust your VE table? Is this more for heads, cam, FI, intake manifold swaps? What are some ways to adjust the table? Can you adjust as a percentage like the MAF calibration? Or do you create a new map by logging and using a WB02?

Third...
The "Power at the Rear Wheel" PID... How do I use this? I assume you need to add this to the PID_txt file? Where do I input my GVW? I couldn't find this in the help/tutorials.

Thanks!!

WeathermanShawn
July 31st, 2010, 02:08 PM
First...
I changed my intake around to a different duct in efforts to get my MAF to settle down. Well now my Log shows more negative LTFT averages. Do you think I am getting less air than before? More air than before? Or do you think it was because I was doing expressway driving with a couple of WOT pulls?

You may have just simply altered the MAF Frequency slightly. If you compare MAF Frequencies via log, are the oscillations more smoothed out? Also, do not log right after a gasoline fill-up. Your LTFT's will be quite negative for the first half-hour.

Second...
Sorry for being a newb still, but when do you adjust your VE table? Is this more for heads, cam, FI, intake manifold swaps? What are some ways to adjust the table? Can you adjust as a percentage like the MAF calibration? Or do you create a new map by logging and using a WB02?

You should do it no matter the modifications. The factory VE Table can be overly rich in a lot of lower RPM's/MAP's..if you don't believe fail your MAF and drive around. Your fueling will be irregular and most likely rich. Check out my CALC.VE Table Tutorial. If not, do the AUTOVE. Both require a wideband.

Third...
The "Power at the Rear Wheel" PID... How do I use this? I assume you need to add this to the PID_txt file? Where do I input my GVW? I couldn't find this in the help/tutorials.

I forgot. I think it is in Customer Details. I find it a handy PID.

Thanks!!

I will let some others give their input. Those are my thoughts..

n8dogg
July 31st, 2010, 03:03 PM
As always thanks Shawn. I did enter my customer details and it still came up as NA in the Data chart.

joecar
July 31st, 2010, 04:54 PM
You may have to enter the RWHP pid into the calc_pids.txt file, and put your actual gvw in formula (vehicle + fluids + you).

joecar
July 31st, 2010, 04:57 PM
Post logs.

WeathermanShawn
July 31st, 2010, 06:04 PM
The HP Formula may also pull the Vehicle Weight from the Scan Tool..File..Enter VIN. Make sure you have a correct weight entered there.

Or do like Joecar suggested, utilize a CALC.PID with the following parameters (see attachment). You will higher numbers in 2nd or 3rd gear (less aerodynamic drag). Remember, it is 'Net Horsepower', so the numbers will be less than a dyno..

On your previous question concerning the VE Table..a cam definitely will require work on the VE Table. If you are running Closed-Loop, it becomes more of an issue when you hit PE Mode. Then you may be referencing the Dynamic Airflow (SD/VE) depending on your B0120 Threshold.

If I were doing tunes Commercially, I would seriously consider some VE Table work if a customer has an aftermarket cam...

n8dogg
August 1st, 2010, 05:39 AM
Heres my most recent log, but I did just fill up.