PDA

View Full Version : ls7 wiring harness

pete3467
August 3rd, 2010, 02:17 AM
wonder if anyone can help ,this as probably been asked before but any input would be greatly appreciated
i have a ls7 engine with engine wiring harness and trying to custom fit this into a 427 cobra and was trying to use the oem harness does anyone have a schematic on how to use this harness it would bve greatly appreciated it has the 58x reluctor wheel setup and its out of a 2007 z06 corvette
thanks all

pete3467
August 3rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
hi all just found this link
http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...40#post6553040

looking at wiring plug c1 into the cars harness and it mentions fuel pressure switch etc could someone help with a breakdown
i take it plugs c2 and c3 will be the same and i need to sort the wiring from c1
1 wont be running a/c power steering
the other problem i have is with the vats i am considering purchasing hp tuning to turn this off as i never got the key with the engine for the transponder
any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks again

joecar
August 4th, 2010, 10:36 AM
So your harness, ECM, and engine are from a 2007 Z06 Corvette...?

If you give me a few days, I might be able to look up the ECM pinouts and wire schematics.

[ I'm sort of on vacation at the moment ]

joecar
August 4th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I will need to know the vehicle/year/model of each of these: ECM, harness, engine.

gmh308
August 4th, 2010, 01:40 PM
hi all just found this link
http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...40#post6553040

looking at wiring plug c1 into the cars harness and it mentions fuel pressure switch etc could someone help with a breakdown
i take it plugs c2 and c3 will be the same and i need to sort the wiring from c1
1 wont be running a/c power steering
the other problem i have is with the vats i am considering purchasing hp tuning to turn this off as i never got the key with the engine for the transponder
any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks again

An LS2 ECM with 3 connectors generally wont support a 58X engine. (unless it is an E67 ECM referred to on LS2.com (the link doesnt work) which it probably isnt.) Or maybe you have an E67 controller? What is the service number and does it have E40 or E67 on it (if a 3 socket box).

Which country are you in? We do a DIY package that adds the components to an engine harness to run a conversion/build like yours and it includes the build detail. Not sure why you would buy HPT to do the VATS. EFILive does it. And the key wont make any difference even if you did have it...unfortunately.

pete3467
August 4th, 2010, 06:41 PM
hi there the harness ,engine and ecu are all from the same vehicle which was built in april 2007 thanks so much for your help
pete

pete3467
August 4th, 2010, 07:24 PM
hi there i will purchase the efi live for the vats i am based in the uk united kingdom so thats why i am looking at doing the conversion with the oem harness , i am sorry for the ecu description at top of thread mine as 2 plugs and its a e38 any inpu or advice would be greatly appreciated what kits do you have
many thanks

GAMEOVER
August 5th, 2010, 08:40 AM
An LS2 ECM with 3 connectors generally wont support a 58X engine. (unless it is an E67 ECM referred to on LS2.com (the link doesnt work) which it probably isnt.) Or maybe you have an E67 controller? What is the service number and does it have E40 or E67 on it (if a 3 socket box).

Which country are you in? We do a DIY package that adds the components to an engine harness to run a conversion/build like yours and it includes the build detail. Not sure why you would buy HPT to do the VATS. EFILive does it. And the key wont make any difference even if you did have it...unfortunately.

gmh308,
I'm just curious who offers the DIY package...

pete3467
August 5th, 2010, 08:50 AM
hi again i have already asked that and am waiting a reply

gmh308
August 5th, 2010, 10:06 PM
gmh308,
I'm just curious who offers the DIY package...

LSXWorks. harness@lsxworks.com

hi there i will purchase the efi live for the vats i am based in the uk united kingdom so thats why i am looking at doing the conversion with the oem harness , i am sorry for the ecu description at top of thread mine as 2 plugs and its a e38 any inpu or advice would be greatly appreciated what kits do you have
many thanks

The DIY harness setup we offer includes:

Body Harness connector and tail
Pedal Connector and tail
MAF connector and tail
Fuse packs & fuses
Diag connector and tail
Details required to build a complete ready to go plug and play harness

Optionally a pre built complete engine harness to modify and integrate with the body harness etc if customers dont already have them.

As a DIY the requirement is that the builder supplies time, experience with electrical circuitry, joining techniques/soldering, tape, additional wire etc as required.

Dont hesitate to email for any clarifications etc. :)

Email support to get you going if required. :)

pete3467
August 6th, 2010, 01:17 AM
hi thanks for the reply whats the cost please
thanks pete

pete3467
August 6th, 2010, 07:25 PM
hi gmh308 ian can you advise costs on these kits please need to get this wiring situation sorted , maybe interested in a few of these kits if i can get these wiring harness issues sorted
thanks pete

pete3467
August 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM
ian your email address doesnt work mate please let me have an answer
thanks pete

GAMEOVER
August 7th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Check out their website: http://www.lsxworks.com/

gmh308
August 7th, 2010, 11:37 AM
ian your email address doesnt work mate please let me have an answer
thanks pete

Email sent Pete. Dont know why your email didnt make it. Tests out ok this end. Wonders of the internet!

Check out their website: http://www.lsxworks.com/

Thanks Gameover. :)

pete3467
August 10th, 2010, 09:35 AM
hi ian still cant get through on your email
please see below
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<tuning@lsworks.com>:
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

i was asking what your consisted of connection of engine harness to? and what the shipping to the uk
thanks pete

pete3467
August 10th, 2010, 10:03 AM
thanks for the infomation ian firstly could you advise what the conectivity consists of i have the engine harness and ecm , i also asked if you do the efi live v2 and how much i was hoping to do a mild tune with efi 40 inches in length should be fine finally whats the shipping to the uk please
thanks pete

gmh308
August 10th, 2010, 10:07 AM
hi ian still cant get through on your email
please see below
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<tuning@lsworks.com>:
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

i was asking what your consisted of connection of engine harness to? and what the shipping to the uk
thanks pete

Hi Pete,

Have resent the mail that we sent to you over the weekend with some additional notes. Your ISP confirmed that it was received and our remote routing addresses confirmed the email successfully made it across the internet and back to our email address as well.

Your emails are bouncing due to the missing "x" in the domain name. i.e. lsxworks is correct vs lsworks.

Also assuming that your domain name is "btinternet" vs "btintenet" - btintenet bounced initially.

Cheers, Ian

gmh308
August 10th, 2010, 10:23 AM
thanks for the infomation ian firstly could you advise what the conectivity consists of i have the engine harness and ecm , i also asked if you do the efi live v2 and how much i was hoping to do a mild tune with efi 40 inches in length should be fine finally whats the shipping to the uk please
thanks pete

You have more mail Pete. Not sure what you mean by connectivity? There is a UK reseller for EFILive.