PDA

View Full Version : Roar Runner does nothing

s10mods
August 3rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
so I pulled my RR out of my 512k pcm and installed it in to 1mb pcm, I got the header from moates. theres not a solder issue, I solder 402 parts all day long.
I can program the emulator but I cant read it, after programming it the vehicle does nothing, no fuel pump prime or anything, I even tried to throw a tune in it with TC, and the same thing, nothing. it will take a tune, but I cant read it back out it gives me an error trying to read.
I swear all the time I spend troubleshooting this thing I could have tuned the old flashing way.

Blacky
August 3rd, 2010, 11:39 AM
What error do you get when you try to read it back out with EFILive?

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
August 3rd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Try full flashing it (OS & calz)
Mine lost the internal battery and it would only work after a full flash.

s10mods
August 3rd, 2010, 11:52 PM
I will have to try it again when I get home from work, but it was something short like cannot read from emulator.

What error do you get when you try to read it back out with EFILive?

Regards
Paul

s10mods
August 3rd, 2010, 11:55 PM
I tried a full flash and a partial flash, it will accept the full flash and it looks like it worked, but as soon as its done flashing I try to read it and I get the error. and after I flash it i get nothihg.

Try full flashing it (OS & calz)
Mine lost the internal battery and it would only work after a full flash.

N0DIH
August 4th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Every once in a while mine gets in a strange state, but usually a read takes care of it.

mr.prick
August 4th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I couldn't read mine until I started the engine.
Full flash it then see if it will start the engine.

s10mods
August 5th, 2010, 06:46 AM
It wont start, it doesnt even prime the fuel pump.

N0DIH
August 6th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Can you check the battery voltage and see what it is?

The battery should be common. But even thru Craig should be inexpensive.

N0DIH
August 7th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I found a place locally that has a battery I think will work in the RR, like $4 or so. I can confirm price and if the pins work if needed.