PDA

View Full Version : Custom O/S to control a 6L80E Trans?

vetteboy2k
December 1st, 2005, 07:58 AM
A hot topic over on the corvette forum is the conversion to a 6L80E Transmission. Seems to be the biggest issue would be a means of controlling the trans ie...shift points ect.

Might be an opportunity to get some people over to use EFILive and witness first hand the awesome Custom O/S's we have.

If its a possibility it could be a great selling point of EFILive!

GMPX
December 1st, 2005, 09:44 AM
Short answer, it won't happen, trans control is quite complex.

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
December 1st, 2005, 10:04 AM
6L80-E has extra solenoids/sesnors which requires extra wires from PCM to control/read them.

GMPX
December 1st, 2005, 10:16 AM
The solenoids and sensors are one thing, it's the control routines and tables that gave me an instant headache :shock:

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - Joecar, your Avatar is gone, all I see is a red cross.

joecar
December 1st, 2005, 12:00 PM
P.S - Joecar, your Avatar is gone, all I see is a red cross.
Ross,
I made a failed attempt to upload a new one recently,
and now the BB software gives me this error each time:

Warning: copy(./images/avatars/1233856958438f8df88b2bd.png): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/efilive/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 239

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/efilive/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/efilive/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/efilive/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/efilive/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/efilive/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_avatar.php:239) in /home/efilive/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 478

I fell in a hole and I can't get out... :lol:

Cheers
Joe

Blacky
December 1st, 2005, 01:44 PM
The new site with a new forum (vBulletin) is very close now.

Paul

(Grabs duct tape and chicken wire for emergency repairs....)

joecar
December 2nd, 2005, 06:04 AM
Paul,
That's okay, I can wait, no rush on my part.
Cheers,
Joe
8)

(That's reminds me, I'm almost out of duct tape...)

ToplessTexan
December 2nd, 2005, 12:46 PM
Will there be good smilies? Pretty please. :)

joecar
December 2nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
Will there be good smilies? Pretty please. :)
And beer mugs clinking and tyre burnout...?