PDA

View Full Version : Randomly chokes out...

LBZoom
August 10th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Hey guys,
This will be difficult without a log but so far I haven't got one because 1.) it's random and 2.) his work doesn't give him the endless flexibility to log all the time anytime ya know.

The truck runs great, but once in a while when he floors it, it's like it chokes out and doesn't go anywhere, but as soon as he stops and tried again it's fine. I thought maybe it was getting heat soaked from sitting in the sun for a while and the IAT was causing it but it happens even after running for a while, and is totally random from what he tells me. When it goes though, it spins the tires shifting into second.

My question was if anyone else has run into this with a 2005 lly or has any suggestions sight unseen... thanks! :cheers:

Big D
August 11th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I've a couple of LLY's do something similar to what you are describing. Max out B0784 & B0785 and see if that helps.

The Neens
August 11th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I have an idea if you want me to look at the tune...

LBZoom
August 12th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Ok thanks Big D, I'll give the B0784 and B0785 a whirl and see what happens.

If that doesn't work shoot me a pm with your email and I'll send you the tunes, thanks Neens

LBZoom
August 15th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Okay, I still haven't got it figured out nothing makes sense to me. Even with help from Big D and The Neens (thanks guys!:cheers:)

Here's a log and the tune, When the fuel begins to get limited, the values don't correspond to any table in the tune that I can find... this is very aggravating, and there's no DTC's except one related to his A/C system which it's always had.

He said when one tune runs bad they all run bad so it has to be something in the base tune file. The only thing i've found recently that would cause it to starve/choke out is the average fuel pressure was a bit low, about 10Mpa actually, but his economy and tow tune should've ran okay still because they have stock pulse.

Thanks in advance for the help, I was hoping to figure it out without posting my tunes up but it's to that point now :cheers:

LBZoom
August 15th, 2010, 02:26 AM
here's another log from previously that may offer some insight. In this log you can watch the Main injection quantity jump around, even though I'm commanding 120mm3 (at the time of this log, only 110mm3 at the moment). As it's jumping around you'll notice that the values correspond to the "torque limited injection quantity C" table with stock values. I had to change the values in this table to 120mm3 at full throttle because it was limiting my fuel at all times instead of just during a shift, I thought that was strange.

The Neens
August 15th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Try loading a single tune...Get rid of the DSP5...Maybe just a tow-tune...Process of elimination...