PDA

View Full Version : 1514

purrvert
December 1st, 2005, 04:17 PM
Setting 1514 code while SD logging with MAF disconnected. Understand to increase C6101 solves the problem, but what is setting the code with no MAF?

Redline Motorsports
December 5th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Go into the enablers and turn off the 1514 code. As soon as the code is tripped the car goes crazy!

Dirk Diggler
December 6th, 2005, 03:09 AM
or you can increase the predicted airflow by 100% and that should stop it until you finish tuning the table is c6101. increasing that should stop the dtc from being thrown instead of just flat out turning off the code.

purrvert
December 6th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the response. What is reporting the airflow with the MAF disconnected?

Lokking forward to vBulletin

ToplessTexan
December 7th, 2005, 01:34 AM
From my service manual regarding P1514...

"The PCM uses the TP, the BARO, and the IAT and the engine RPM in order to calculate an expected Mass Airflow rate. The PCM compares this value to the Mass Airflow value and the speed density calculation in order to verify the proper throttle operation."

The PCM is still going to want some safety for the TAC in the event of MAF failure. Maybe even specifically in the event of a MAF failure. ;)

purrvert
December 7th, 2005, 02:54 AM
From my service manual regarding P1514...

"The PCM uses the TP, the BARO, and the IAT and the engine RPM in order to calculate an expected Mass Airflow rate. The PCM compares this value to the Mass Airflow value and the speed density calculation in order to verify the proper throttle operation."

The PCM is still going to want some safety for the TAC in the event of MAF failure. Maybe even specifically in the event of a MAF failure. ;)

Thanks. When the code set it felt like the bottom dropped out of the car. Next time I will look at the manual a little closer.

deezel
December 17th, 2005, 09:40 PM
With no MAF signal, the PCM uses the calculated "dynair" value to compare with the 1514 table. If the VE table is too far off, the dynair value will not match the 1514 table, and it can set the P1514 DTC.

It does indeed suck when the engine unexpectedly drops into reduced power mode. :help2:

purrvert
December 18th, 2005, 02:31 AM
With no MAF signal, the PCM uses the calculated "dynair" value to compare with the 1514 table. If the VE table is too far off, the dynair value will not match the 1514 table, and it can set the P1514 DTC.

It does indeed suck when the engine unexpectedly drops into reduced power mode. :help2:

That's the answer i've been waiting for. It had to be a predicted calculation because the MAF is out of service. Thanks.

joecar
February 28th, 2006, 12:33 PM
DYNAIR is calculated from combination of MAF and VE Table (using blended ECT/IAT and other things);
you won't find a table for it.

Please post pics of both your tables.