PDA

View Full Version : Allison converter lock during shift D5074

DURAtotheMAX
August 12th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Ross is there any possibility you might be able to add this table (D5074) for the 5-speed TCM's? :D

This is a great table, I was really excited to see it just now when I installed the latest version on EFILive.

On the LLY 5-speed TCM's, when you go WOT on the highway and the trans does a downshift/kickdown, the converter stays locked through the shift.

On 2001-2003 LB7 5-speed TCM's, when you go WOT, it unlocks the converter during the shift...and then of course the TCM sees huge slip and takes forever to re-lock the converter...so if you go to pass someone on the highway and floor it, the trans downshifts, engine revs up.....but you dont actually go anywhere because the converter just unlocked and is now slipping and not transferring any power.

It would be just our luck that allison programmed them this way....because the 01 TCM's shift much better than the later LLY TCM's. So its kind of a double edged sword...would you rather have a nice WOT kickdown where it actually puts you back in the seat and accelerates when you want to pass someone.....or would you rather have a trans that shifts goofy sometimes. :(

If we could make the 01-03 TCM's not force an unlock on a WOT kickdown that would be awesome.

thanks
Ben

killerbee
August 29th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I don't have that table. Is it enabled on the stock 5-4 shift?

DURAtotheMAX
August 29th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I don't have that table. Is it enabled on the stock 5-4 shift?

Did you even read my post?