PDA

View Full Version : August 12, 2010 Pre-release

Blacky
August 12th, 2010, 02:34 PM
This pre-release has been made available for those customers that require the functionality contained in it. It will be officially released later this week.

Please download and install both V7.5 and V8.1 because the V8.1 release contains updated firmware for FlashScan devices.

Note: The FlashScan and AutoCal firmware in this update are tagged with version 2.06.38 which means that once you have updated your FlashScan and/or AutoCal device to V2.06.38, you cannot go back to V2.06.37 or earlier firmware versions.

EFILive V7.5.6 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.6.129_Setup.exe) (87Mb)
EFILive V8.1.2 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.1.2.109_Setup.exe) (17Mb)

Please read the attached PDF document for a complete list of the updates and changes in this pre-release.

V7.5.6 software:

Added Allison 6spd 2009+ pass-through reading and editing support. Programming support will be added in a subsequent release.

V8.1.2 Software:

Fixed EFILive_Explorer hanging on start-up when no FlashScan/AutoCal device is connected.

AutoCal/FlashScan V2.06.37 Firmware:

No Change.

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
August 12th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Passed on the other build , but might sang this one for firmware .

Ninety8C5
August 13th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I just upgraded to Build 129 and when I go to 'Help' and then 'About' in the Scan tool it shows build 128 for Scan and 129 for OBDIIV7. Is that correct, usually they both have the same number?

IdahoRob
August 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM
When converting OS to DSP 5 on a Bosch cal file, it automatically clicks to dsp 2. Have to keep messing with it to get a dsp 5 conversion.

Blacky
August 15th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I just upgraded to Build 129 and when I go to 'Help' and then 'About' in the Scan tool it shows build 128 for Scan and 129 for OBDIIV7. Is that correct, usually they both have the same number?

Sorry, that was just my bad typing skills on the version numbers.

The next update will be posted later today. It is the one that is going public on our download page.
The versions will be: V7.5.6.130 and V8.1.2.109

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 15th, 2010, 12:47 PM
When converting OS to DSP 5 on a Bosch cal file, it automatically clicks to dsp 2. Have to keep messing with it to get a dsp 5 conversion.
Not sure what you mean, can you explain in some more detail please?
Regards
Paul

IdahoRob
August 15th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I open the stock tune/cal file and click on upgrade OS. Then I click DSP 5 and agree to the warnings and it saves as a dsp 2 OS, not the DSP 5 I'd like it to. I cn't find a way around it, so I've been using old saved DSP 5 OS's

GMPX
August 15th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hi Rob, welcome back from your break BTW. I just tested it here and it just 'feels' like it's done something wrong. It does actually upgrade the OS to DSP5 but jumps back to the DSP2 selection like something went wrong. Over to Paul from here.....

IdahoRob
August 16th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Thank you Ross,

Umm, when I then open the file to scrip, it is a dsp 2 cal. file, so on my end, it is really saving as a dsp 2.

IdahoRob
August 16th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Seems the LBZ really changes to DSP 5, but the LMM changes to DSP 2. This is with the different LMM OS's and not just one.

IdahoRob
August 27th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Saving a new tune for the first time comes up with an error message "access violation address 754421dc in module secur32.dll read of address 0000000c.

Also after converting to dsp and trying to save as a new name file, the tune tool is automatically closed with changes not being saved as soon as a key is touched.

Tordne
August 27th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Can you please ensure to begin with that you have the latest software and firmware installed?

At time of this post the latest version are:
- 7.5.6. Build 131: http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.6.131_Setup.exe
- 8.1.2 Build 112: http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.1.2.112_Setup.exe
- FlashScan V2 firmware 2.06.40 (included in V8 download)

Please see these guides for more details on software and firmware updates:
- Software: http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=5404-IJZV-0820
- Firmware: http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949

joecar
August 27th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Andrew, the four links above are broken (incomplete link text).

Tordne
August 27th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks Joe, corrected now :)

swingtan
August 27th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Hi guys,
I just tried this update last night and had a couple of issues.

Firstly,the "update EFILive"process didn't work for V7.5. The dialog boxes came up with no text, but still seemed to respond when clicking the "OK" buttons. However after the version check, the update simply stopped. V8 seemed to work OK though.

Secondly, I downloaded the full V7.5 install and tried that way. That install seemed to go OK, but the installer still does not use all the existing registry settings for the install. In particular, it still populates the directories under "Documents and Settings\<UID>\My Documents\EFILive" even if the current registry settings point to a different location

I get the feeling that the two issues are related to me messing with the registry and changing the locations. So I think I might start from scratch and reinstall....

EDIT: Sorry guys, I probably should have posted this in the "Aug 16" update thread...... :P I upgraded to 7.5 build 130

Blacky
August 27th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Firstly,the "update EFILive"process didn't work for V7.5. The dialog boxes came up with no text, but still seemed to respond when clicking the "OK" buttons. However after the version check, the update simply stopped. V8 seemed to work OK though.
Not sure what that is causing that problem. The dialog boxes are controlled by the content of the file C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\EFILive.info
If that file is damaged or corrupt, it may lead to issues during the update version check and/or update download.

Secondly, I downloaded the full V7.5 install and tried that way. That install seemed to go OK, but the installer still does not use all the existing registry settings for the install. In particular, it still populates the directories under "Documents and Settings\<UID>\My Documents\EFILive" even if the current registry settings point to a different location
The installer does not change registry settings other than to erase them all if you select the appropriate option on the first dialog box.
Note: in the next update, the registry settings dialog box has had its default action reversed. Previously (up until and including build 131) selecting "Yes" (the default) would erase the registry settings and revert them to install defaults. From build 132, selecting "Yes" (the default) will retain the registry settings.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
August 27th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I had a look at the files and found that the *.info" file for the update was downloaded correctly, but was not placed in the directory EFILive directory that was specified in the registry, but instead the default EFILive install directory. I think the Application then lost track of it.

I did notice the change in the default registry location message box and selected "yes".

To be honest, I've messed around with this laptop a bit so a fresh install would be good. The original reason for changing the default registry settings was the 'roaming profile' on the laptop. When installing EFILive, it blew the profile limit, not to mention the resync process randomly getting the sync process wrong and wiping files you wanted. Since then I've had the roaming profile disabled so it should be OK now anyway. I'll just make sure I have a current backup before starting over.

Simon.

IdahoRob
August 28th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Still having the problems. Tried to save a tune this morning after making a bunch of changes and it instantly closeed the efi tune tool without letting me save. Lost the work. My wife left the room because of my yelling at the $!@$#@%^^& computer. Not able to do my job very well at the moment. Software was updated last night to make sure I had the latest.

joecar
August 28th, 2010, 06:33 AM
IdahoRob,

Which build version...?

Have you tried these (from the other thread):
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.6.132_Setup.exe
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.1.2.113_Setup.exe

IdahoRob
August 28th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Build 131
I'll try those, thank you.

IdahoRob
August 28th, 2010, 07:16 AM
No change with the update. May be my computer, but started after downloading the new software and nothing else on the computer is effected. I'd try on my laptop, but I need at least one computer to tune with since my main tuning computer is not working properly now. I can save the tune without renaming them and can go back and change the names once they are saved.

Tordne
August 28th, 2010, 07:48 AM
I'm not seeing any similar reports from other customers. Really the only thing I could suggest you consider is uninstalling the software and performing a fresh installation (after creating a backup of course).

swingtan
August 28th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I had a similar problem yesterday on an LS1 COS3 tune, but I was able to save to disk. I made a few changes and selected the "save as" option and sved the tune. As soon as Tune Tool completed the save, it crashed out back to the desktop. restarting Tune Tool was OK and I could open the saved tune with no problems as well as flash it in.

As already mentioned though, my laptop has a few unique constraints around it and has not been rebooted for close on a week ( a normally "sleep" it when not in use ). It also gets used about 50/50 (time wise) with dual monitors, lots of USB connects / disconnects and changes between wireless and wired network connections. So I normally think my PC is more to blame forany issues.

Simon

Blacky
August 28th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Saving a new tune for the first time comes up with an error message "access violation address 754421dc in module secur32.dll read of address 0000000c.
Also after converting to dsp and trying to save as a new name file, the tune tool is automatically closed with changes not being saved as soon as a key is touched.

That dll (secure32.dll) is not part of the EFILive software. It is a Microsoft supplied dll. Is it possible your computer or Windows installation has been damaged in some way?
It is possible the EFILive software is causing that dll to fail, but since your PC is the only one (that we know of) that is having this problem it may be worth investigating you Windows installation more closely.

Regards
paul

Blacky
August 28th, 2010, 11:31 AM
No change with the update. May be my computer, but started after downloading the new software and nothing else on the computer is effected. I'd try on my laptop, but I need at least one computer to tune with since my main tuning computer is not working properly now. I can save the tune without renaming them and can go back and change the names once they are saved.

What version of secure32.dll is on your system?

Assuming you're running WinXP, can you please check the version of C:\Windows\System32\secure32.dll
The version I have on my WinXP system here is 5.1.2600.5834

Assuming you're running Win7 can you please check the version of C:\Windows\System32\secure32.dll
The version I have on my Win7 system here is 6.1.7600.16385

Regards
Paul

vetteboy2k
September 1st, 2010, 10:00 AM
Paul,

Always been an issue programming a 2004 CTS-V as the PCM reboots during a write. It works ok when I de-select high speed however now when using the BBF I can't get the PCM to flash properly.

No problems on any other PCM just this one. OS 12592618

GMPX
September 1st, 2010, 11:10 AM
I think for now pull the BCM fuse or Radio fuse as a test. I think this is the model that TIS tells users to do the same thing.
If it works in low speed this means during the flash there is a module coming back on line that kicks the bus back to low speed, thus causing the flash to abort.

lenco12
September 23rd, 2010, 01:58 PM
Passed on the other build , but might sang this one for firmware .

Blacky
September 23rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
They should be the same and they should be 133 - which is the latest build available here: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133
Regards
paul

Tordne
September 23rd, 2010, 02:02 PM
There are actually updated versions of both V7 and V8 on the main downloads page of our website (HERE (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)).

slowhawk
September 27th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Any of the new updates touching the TM on the 2011 Camaro's?

Tordne
September 27th, 2010, 09:15 AM
No sir. The latest couple of updates have been essentially for passthru reading in the V8 software (for the new E39 and E78 ECMs).

slowhawk
September 28th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Damn.... LOL

My car still has 500 miles on it. Refuse to drive it with this TM.Sounds like crap on shifts....

I'm sure you guy's will get it soon.

Don

RonC
September 28th, 2010, 05:46 AM
I'm waiting semi-patiently on the T43 tuning enhancements also. Any time frame on them yet?

GMPX
September 28th, 2010, 05:09 PM
No not yet sorry, the 2011 TCM has some code stripped out of it that is making progress difficult. However I don't want to give the impression I am working on the 2011 T43 full time, I'm not, August / Sept has been a big couple of months for EFILive, when we catch our breath it will be revisited.

slowhawk
September 29th, 2010, 06:12 AM
But the only problem I have with tuning is the 2011 tranny's...... LOL

Forget the other stuff...... LOL