PDA

View Full Version : Official Public Release - August 16,2010

Blacky
August 15th, 2010, 08:31 PM
This release has been made available publicly. It has been officially released on our web site download page here (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133).

The automatic update feature for this release has been activated. To obtain this update, please use the V7.5 and V8 "Check for updates" options in the Windows Start Menu options for EFILive.

If you manually download and install the latest builds (130 and 110) the automatic update feature will still indicate that an update is available until you perform the update.

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
August 16th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Not a big deal , but after I update through the Update Installer when I opened E.E. I was prompted to update the Firmware , everything appeared to function correctly , I noticed a Pop-up in the task bar that gave a error after the firmware flash was finished , close as I can remember it said something to the effect "unable to communicate with V2 device , please make sure boot loader is not in dead poll mode" .
I closed E.E and reopened it , I have not had any ill effect from anything , everything functions as should .

bballer182
August 16th, 2010, 12:23 PM
AL6 BBF works.:thumb_yello:

rage_blue
August 18th, 2010, 03:40 PM
so this is the update to read 06 dodges? I just happen to own one so this is kinda exciting

bballer182
August 19th, 2010, 12:14 PM
yes '06 and newer dodges can be read. However, that's it so far no tuning yet... the cummins BBR has been out for quite awhile now though too.

rage_blue
August 19th, 2010, 01:16 PM
cool I'm going to go read the old ladys truck as soon as she gets home. I've seen that it was out, but I have been very busy lattly so i'm just now getting around to doing the update, little easy too now its fully released. I had someone tell me that EFI live wanted the stock os files, Is this true? and if so where do i send it?

oztracktuning
August 19th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I just have a customer with an autocal ive posted. It wont let the tune file be flashed in. This autocal has been linked before postage and the file has been read from the car and modded at my end with my v2 plugged in and saved with the saving tune for remote flashing option.
At the other end i have used EFILive Explorer to put in the tune folder.

We have tried everything i can think of but when the file is selected to be flashed , it comes up with licence ECU now and no button combos work to make it happen.

Blacky
August 20th, 2010, 05:19 PM
The latest AutoCal firmware has a bug that ignores all keys while waiting for confirmation of VIN licensing (but you already know that - now).
I will fix it asap and post a link to the firmware download in this thread.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 21st, 2010, 09:48 AM
The attached AutoCal firmware (V2.06.40) fixes the non-responsive keypad while attempting to VIN license a controller.
Regards
Paul

L31Sleeper
August 22nd, 2010, 08:12 PM
Paul would it be possible to make a Shift Point table showing all of the points on one chart?
Make a table with user selectable parameters like 1>2 2>1 2>3 3>2 3>4 4>3 does that make sense ?

Blacky
August 22nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
Paul would it be possible to make a Shift Point table showing all of the points on one chart?
Make a table with user selectable parameters like 1>2 2>1 2>3 3>2 3>4 4>3 does that make sense ?
The question makes sense. I've wanted that as well when trying to sort out the shift points my T43.
But it won't happen in V7.5. If it were to be implemented it would only be in V8 and I can't promise that it can/will be done.
Paul

GMPX
August 23rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
I agree it needs to be configurable, no matter which way we show it someone isn't happy.

juddski88
August 23rd, 2010, 11:24 AM
hello, forgive me if this is totally a result of my incompetence, but i just uninstalled my old EFI software and installed the latest release (build 130) and when i go to open the Tune Tool, it gives me an error saying EFI Live can't find the "vin.ini" file in the configurations folder. when i installed the new software i named everything "V7.5_130" instead of the default V7.5. would that cause this? i looked through all my old configurations folders because i save and rename all my old software versions and couldnt find this ini file anywhere?

joecar
August 23rd, 2010, 12:09 PM
Reinstall using the default folder name.

juddski88
August 23rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
thanks, i was going to try that next. one of these days i have to delete all the folders i dont need anymore and consolidate the ones i do need. everything works fine now though.

L31Sleeper
August 23rd, 2010, 04:21 PM
The question makes sense. I've wanted that as well when trying to sort out the shift points my T43.
But it won't happen in V7.5. If it were to be implemented it would only be in V8 and I can't promise that it can/will be done.
Paul

I noticed this on a screen shot of the "other" tuner software.....I would post it but sometimes I'm bad at realizing when I'm insulting people.
I got kicked off the Whipple forum because of this.

joecar
August 23rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
You can post it if you like... we're a bit more down to earth, stuff like that isn't what gets you banned here.

We all already know that the other software group all their trans tables together (even tho they may not necessarily occur like that in memory).

5.7ute
August 23rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Wasn't there a spreadsheet around here somewhere that did all that for you?
Found it.

joecar
August 23rd, 2010, 05:48 PM
+1 spreadsheet works for me.

5.7ute
August 23rd, 2010, 06:00 PM
Not that I want to make any more work for myself. But the multiple address function in the .cax file would allow different shift parameters to be viewed & edited in the one table.
What is the maximum number of addresses that can be used in the one table?

GMPX
August 23rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
I thought about this a little more today, that is exactly how we used to have the shift points, enough people complained they wanted to show just upshifts or just downshifts so we changed it.
The answer as already noted is to make it user configurable, something Paul may implement in the version 8 tuner.

Check this out from our revision log for the LS1 calibrations:
v7.12 | 2004-Aug-01 | Split D0903 into two cals (upshift and downshift), new table is D0906.

And since then that is the way we've done it.

L31Sleeper
August 23rd, 2010, 09:06 PM
I thought about this a little more today, that is exactly how we used to have the shift points, enough people complained they wanted to show just upshifts or just downshifts so we changed it.
The answer as already noted is to make it user configurable, something Paul may implement in the version 8 tuner.

Check this out from our revision log for the LS1 calibrations:
v7.12 | 2004-Aug-01 | Split D0903 into two cals (upshift and downshift), new table is D0906.

And since then that is the way we've done it.

wow so there is really no pleasing EVERYONE. When I took the EFI Live class Justin said that the computer
would get confused if the UP and Down shift graphs ever cross ? One table seems like a simple solution.

Blacky
August 24th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Not that I want to make any more work for myself. But the multiple address function in the .cax file would allow different shift parameters to be viewed & edited in the one table.
What is the maximum number of addresses that can be used in the one table?

Regards
Paul

5.7ute
August 24th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks Paul :cheers:

mr.prick
September 10th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I'm having to open the RTACS filter properties before RTACS will start.
This is a little annoying. :sneaky:

johnv
September 17th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Just updaded to latest release,
now i get "no roadrunner usb device found" when i attempt to connect RR.

I guess i need to re enstall RR drivers ?
anyone got a link on how to do this manually with Vista ?

Blacky
September 18th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Just updaded to latest release,
now i get "no roadrunner usb device found" when i attempt to connect RR.

I guess i need to re enstall RR drivers ?
anyone got a link on how to do this manually with Vista ?

It may just be that you need to change the RR settings between Native USB and Virtual Com Port in the Tune Tool RR Properties window.

To re-install the drivers, right click on MY Computer, select Properties. Find the Hardware Manager option and expand the USB Devices section. Find RR in the USB section, right click on it and select Update Drivers. Follow the steps on the screen and choose the option that allows you to select the drivers from a specific location. The drivers should be in \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\RoadRunner\Win-2K-XP

Regards
Paul

johnv
September 18th, 2010, 11:28 AM
It may just be that you need to change the RR settings between Native USB and Virtual Com Port in the Tune Tool RR Properties window.

To re-install the drivers, right click on MY Computer, select Properties. Find the Hardware Manager option and expand the USB Devices section. Find RR in the USB section, right click on it and select Update Drivers. Follow the steps on the screen and choose the option that allows you to select the drivers from a specific location. The drivers should be in \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\RoadRunner\Win-2K-XP

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul,

Just changed from virtual com port to native and all is good again.

Blacky
September 19th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I'm having to open the RTACS filter properties before RTACS will start.
This is a little annoying. :sneaky:

That is strange, I just tried a 512K LS1 Roadrunner and it worked without having to open the filters.
Any more info on this?

Regards
Paul

minytrker
October 3rd, 2010, 02:08 PM
I still get the hapi error that never ends when I close V8. I have the latest updates installed. I have to end it through the control panel or reboot the pcm.

minytrker
October 8th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Any fix for this yet? Its really a pain to use.

Blacky
October 8th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I still get the hapi error that never ends when I close V8. I have the latest updates installed. I have to end it through the control panel or reboot the pcm.

There's no fix until we can make that same situation occur here.

Does it happen every time you Hapi attempts to close?
Does it happen with FlashScan connected or not connected?
When Hapi is running (having been started automatically when you start EFILive_Explorer) have you checked to make sure the version number on the About screen in Hapi is actually the correct version. It may be that for some unknown reason when Hapi is being started by EFILive_Explorer (or any other EFILive app) that the wrong version is being started.
What happens if you start Hapi from the Start menu and then right click on the icon to close it? Do you still get the error?

Regards
Paul

minytrker
October 8th, 2010, 04:57 PM
There's no fix until we can make that same situation occur here.

Does it happen every time you Hapi attempts to close?
Does it happen with FlashScan connected or not connected?
When Hapi is running (having been started automatically when you start EFILive_Explorer) have you checked to make sure the version number on the About screen in Hapi is actually the correct version. It may be that for some unknown reason when Hapi is being started by EFILive_Explorer (or any other EFILive app) that the wrong version is being started.
What happens if you start Hapi from the Start menu and then right click on the icon to close it? Do you still get the error?

Regards
Paul

It happens every time I attempt to close it.
It doesnt matter if Flashscan is connected or not
Yes I have double checked the version number
No matter how I close it I get the same error.