PDA

View Full Version : Problems when closing EFIlive scan and tune or explorer...

kbracing96
August 16th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Everytime I try to close either of these 2 programs, I get this error popup that just keeps popping up and wont let me close the window. I have to use task manager to end the program. It did this before and after todays update. Just did all the updates and am running the most current V7.5, V8 and FS firmware. Any Ideas???

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Kbracing96/EFILiveerror.jpg

Tordne
August 16th, 2010, 01:13 PM
In your 'C:\ProgramData\EFILive\V8\EFILiveUser.ini' file what is the value of the 'BufferSize=' under the '[HAPI Options Connection]' section?

I've seen that cause "interesting" errors when it is set to less than 1024. Try setting it to 8192 (now the default). It may not resolve, but one thing worth checking anyway...

kbracing96
August 16th, 2010, 01:28 PM
It is set to 8192, anything else to try??

[HAPI Options General]
ShowBalloon=1
ShowBalloonFirmware=1

[HAPI Options LCD]
LCD_Background_Color=16711680
LCD_Foreground_Color=16777215
LCD_Border_Color=15780518
LCD_Pixel_Space=0
LCD_Pixel_Size=3

[HAPI Options Connection]
Latency=25
BufferSize=8192
Auto_Refresh_CNX=1
Auto_Refresh_FW=1
Auto_Refresh_Clock=1

[HAPI Options Trace]
Enabled=0
TraceFormat=1
BufferSize=1000
DisplaySize=100

[Explorer TreeView]
InitialDir=C:\Users\Kyle\Desktop

[Explorer]
InitialTab=4
InitialCwd=/EFILive/V7/Tune

[EFILive MRU Scan]
Maximum=9
Count=0

[EFILive MRU Tune]
Maximum=9
Count=0

Tordne
August 16th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Can you check that the correct version of the EFILIve_Hapi (EFILive Control Panel) is being loaded? With the latest update it should be version 8.1.2 Build 110. The check, open the EFILive Control Panel and go to the 'F11: About' section. There have been cases where a copy of EFILive_Hapi has been run/started from the incorrect folder.

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled everything at all? If you want to try that create a backup first of the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\EFILive
- C:\ProgramData\EFILive
- My Documents\EFILive

Then uninstall the EFILive Software (both V7 and V8) and delete the above folders to literally clean out everything. Also using 'regedit' delete the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive' key. You can export the key first if you think you might want to restore it if this process doesn't work.

Then reinstall all the latest versions and see if you get the same result.

I'm not aware of any similar issue so hopefully this will work, it will just require you to setup the software again unfortunately.

minytrker
August 17th, 2010, 03:27 AM
I have had the same problem when trying to close explorer...........been that way for months.......i have made a few posts about it with no luck.

joecar
August 17th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Lorenz, try doing the what post #4 says, let us know what happens.