PDA

View Full Version : Need help with LTFT

voda1
August 17th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Searched not finding what I need. I've done AutoVE and AutoMaf, now I want to follow up with LTFT. My problem is need to use narrow bands because I don't have extra bung for WBO2. Can anybody point me to thread on how it's done?

Gregs
August 17th, 2010, 12:26 PM
why don't you use your wb to simulate the nb sensors? thats what i did and its worked great for me.

joecar
August 17th, 2010, 01:10 PM
+1.

The LC-1 has the yellow channel programmed (factory default) to do this...

connect yellow to NBO signal, and green to NBO signal return.

n8dogg
August 17th, 2010, 02:55 PM
+1.

So wait, you can do this VS installing the wideband into the exhaust stream? Please explain, I too have the LC-1, just waiting for headers to do the bung install, but I want to use the wideband in the mean time.

n8dogg
August 17th, 2010, 02:56 PM
+1.

So wait, you can do this VS installing the wideband into the exhaust stream? Please explain, I too have the LC-1, just waiting for headers to do the bung install, but I want to use the wideband in the mean time.

voda1
August 17th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Updated my signature with the wide band am using now - NGK-AFX. Had 2 LC-1 fail. Maybe next summer might consider a LM-1, but for now would like to finish fuel trims.

If one narrow band fails, does that force open loop?

n8dogg
September 22nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
+1.

Hey Joe,
Can you go a little more into details with this? I have the LC-1, and like I said, am waiting for long tubes to weld the bung in. But if I can use the WB in my NB location and piggy back the NB off the WB. I will do that ASAP.

Is it as easy as splicing into the NB harness with the NB connected? Or do I need to remove the NB completely?

*edit* There is no green wire off my LC-1. Just red, blue, yellow, brown, black, white.

joecar
September 22nd, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hey Joe,
Can you go a little more into details with this? I have the LC-1, and like I said, am waiting for long tubes to weld the bung in. But if I can use the WB in my NB location and piggy back the NB off the WB. I will do that ASAP.

Is it as easy as splicing into the NB harness with the NB connected? Or do I need to remove the NB completely?

*edit* There is no green wire off my LC-1. Just red, blue, yellow, brown, black, white.Get an old NB and cut the wires so you have the connector in your hand...

Then, splice this connector to your LC-1 as follows:
- NB signal hi -> LC-1 yellow,
- NB signal lo -> LC-1 green or LC-1->white.

(there's a thread here showing the pinouts)

Make sure to insulate the splices.

Remove the NB from the header/manifold, and insert your LC-1 with the made-up NB connector

(i.e. the WB completely replaces the NB)

Your LC-1 is already connected to vehicle, right (see quote below)...?

LC-1 red -> switched and fused power/battery,
LC-1 blue -> battery ground,

Also:
LC-1 SERIAL IN <- terminator 2.5mm stereo style plug,
LC-1 SERIAL OUT -> 2.5mm DB9 cable -> null modem adapter -> DB9 RJ12 cable -> FlashScan V2.

Note:
LC-1 black is not ground... this is the positive side of the LED/pushbutton; LC-1 white is the negative side of the LED/pushbutton.

joecar
September 22nd, 2010, 12:28 PM
n8,

See posts #50 and #66: showthread.php?564-LC-1-widband-hook-up (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?564-LC-1-widband-hook-up)

Your connector may look different... is this for your 2002 Z06 (did I get the right year)...? I'll look up the pinouts.

joecar
September 22nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
Be careful, absolutely do not allow the yellow or brown wires to short to anything.

n8dogg
September 23rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks Joe, my car is an 04, so I have the square shaped 02 sensor connectors. Unfortunately I do not have any laying around. So I placed an order with LG Motorsports for their 02 sensor harness adapters which mate the older style flat connector to the square and I can use that to make my connections.

n8dogg
September 28th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Got her all wired to a square style connector. So the Brown will go to the V2, the black will go to the push button, now what about the serial IN and OUT?

Ah, NVM. I see I am using the serial OUT to the V2, just tape off the Brown and cap the serial IN.

http://www.taquickness.com/taqcables.htm?merchant_return_link=Return+to+Merch ant

That should save me a trip to Radio Shack! Nice.

joecar
September 28th, 2010, 01:33 PM
SERIAL IN <-- 2.5mm blank terminator plug (comes with the LC-1) [serial comms will not function without this ]

n8dogg
September 28th, 2010, 02:21 PM
SERIAL IN <-- 2.5mm blank terminator plug (comes with the LC-1) [serial comms will not function without this ]
got it! In a few days my Serial Out to V2 cable will be here. Hope the weather stays nice for a few more weeks!

voda1
September 29th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Just noticed that LTFT for bank 2 cell 22 is (-100%). I did a reset and all the other values went to zero except for that cell. Could the ecm be bad or maybe a programming error with efilive? Any idea's?

V7.5.6 Build 130