PDA

View Full Version : Injector Flow Rates

Biodiesel66
August 17th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Since we can read and program the Injector flow rate for the GPM and ECM.

Any chance we can have the ability to modify the E35_Injectors.dat file when we change injectors with the new flow rates?

This would be neat option to add for us Duramax LBZ/LMM users. :angel_innocent:

bballer182
August 17th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I've asked a similar question before about these flow rates. And the answered that i received from Paul was that the data within the .dat file did not make any sense to us mere mortals. Only the people at gm/bosch/isuzu knew what it meant.

Biodiesel66
August 17th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I've asked a similar question before about these flow rates. And the answered that i received from Paul was that the data within the .dat file did not make any sense to us mere mortals. Only the people at gm/bosch/isuzu knew what it meant.

That goes for the Bosch ECM. Ross, Paul and others on the EFILive team brought that ECM to life for tuning. On the R&D side. This feature could help increase EFILive FlashScan V2 and AutoCal Sales. You wouldn't need the Teck II to do this. The V2 can do many of the same functions as the Teck II at a fraction of the cost (not all, but many).

Add an option in EFILive Tune Tool, Opens the E35 Injector .dat file and add the flow rate for that cylinder/injector thats are changed. EFILive would need to develop that if it's cost justifiable.

Just a sugestion: I would think other EFILive users might like this also.

rage_blue
October 12th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I had a thought about this, I noticed that the codes that set from injectors not being coded can be turned off or not reported. If i was to change a set of injectors on an lmm, shut the codes off, would it run right or would i notice it running funny? I know of one truck that had 60hp nozzles put on, the injectors were labeled and put back in the hole they came out of after the nozzle swap was done. This truck runs fine and wasn't setting any codes with a ppe on it (not sure if the PPE turns thoose codes off. From what i know of injectors, changeing a tip to a big one will change your flow rate. Any ideas on this?

rage_blue
October 22nd, 2010, 07:22 AM
I think i answered my own question this week by accident. I got a call from someone that had a ppe fail and his truck wouldn't crank anymore. So i went over and flashed in a good os. The truck is a lbz by by the way. Now I never even thought about the injector flow rates. The truck ran good, till it got hot, then it would miss once in a while and generaly sound off, and it would hang up when you reved it up for an extra second. I clued in when he called me and told me this, so I pulled the flow rates from the GPM to the ECM, now everything runs good. So i guess you can't fake the injector rates.