PDA

View Full Version : diablo sports locking computers

rage_blue
August 19th, 2010, 11:29 AM
So i've had a few trucks that came to me to get tuned, that had a diablo sport in the past that has a locked computer. Is it common for the dialbos to lock the computer, even after they are removed? has anyone figured out there code to unlock the PCM?

GMPX
August 19th, 2010, 12:00 PM
ECM locking can occur on purpose or accidentally. For example, anyone with a 2001 Duramax who has had a GM TIS update ends up with a locked ECM, but that I can assure you is an accident.
I've never dealt with Diablo's programmers, but I would expect it should say it is going to lock your ECM for good. Have you called them about this?

With unlocking it's not really a given as to what the key might be, for example, with EFILive it can be a random code that can only be unlocked with the V2 that locked the ECM. Not even we can crack it with just the seed value.

Cheers,
Ross

rage_blue
August 19th, 2010, 01:12 PM
yea the diablo only warns about locking the computer untill you pull the diablo out. So I guess the best way to get around this is to find a stock os and do a full flash?

GMPX
August 19th, 2010, 01:59 PM
No, when it's locked, it's locked, You can't read or write to the PCM.

rage_blue
August 19th, 2010, 02:22 PM
hmm that sucks so whats are his options, buy a new computer?

Tre-Cool
August 20th, 2010, 02:52 AM
or get handy at desoldering chips from the board....

rage_blue
August 20th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I don't think i want to do soldering on a computer board. I think hes going to try a banks chip that just plugs inline so he doesn't have to deal with the computer

killerbee
August 21st, 2010, 11:48 PM
don't do that on top of his modified tune.

ECM's are cheap. I have all duramax model ECM's in stock.

rage_blue
August 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
The diablo was pulled out of the truck, but I think thats where the issuses are comeing from