PDA

View Full Version : Help with tune on C6 Z06; tuning logs inside!!!!

snax
August 20th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Hey guys,

I'm going to attach a few logs for my car. I just installed the following:

Ragin' Racin' "Lethal" cam (232*/250* .660/.660 113)
Kooks 1 7/8" Long Tubes
SLP "Blackwing" cold air
Catted 3" X-pipe
Borla Catback

I would greatly appreciate any advice that you guys can see from the logs. The car goes pretty fat (<10.0:1) past 4000rpms on woth WOT pulls ("Run 1" has a 2nd gear WOT pull and "Run 2" has a 4th gear pull in it).

"Drive 1" and "Drive 2" are self explanatory. Just cruising around to get some good data.

"Warm-up" is also self explanatory.

Should I modify the VVE tables or the MAF table for adjustments? Or both? I'm very new to the E38 system as I've always dealt with Stand-alone systems.

Thank you,
Bryan

swingtan
August 20th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Without looking at the logs yet..... It's always good to optimise the VVE, even if you intend putting the MAF back on. Then adjust the MAF tables once the VVE is done. This should give very good fueling control. I'll have a look at the logs as well though.

Simon

EDIT: A few tips on logging for the E38

For TPS%, log ETC.TP%, the former will actually report the % of the 5V signal, not the actual TP%.
IF you log the WB in AFR, also log the commanded fueling in AFR. Then set the chart settings so the commanded and logged AFR's have the same scale. You can then compare the commanded vs monitored AFR's by simply looking at the lines, if they overlap, fueling is correct. If measured is above commanded, you are lean and if measured is below commanded you are rich ( looking at the chart lines ).
For the E38, always log INVLVTMP! it's used for everything.
Finally, read here..... http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?8961-E38-VVE-Setup-Guide

joecar
August 20th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I see you got RPM to read to its full value... but you still have a problem with sampling speed, I see about 0.2s per sample...

Goto Edit->Properties->Logging->Scan Mode and select Dynamic as swingtan said in the other thread.

Remove the pids AFR, TP and add E38.AFRATIO_DMA, GM.ETCTP, E38.INVLVTMP as said by swingtan.

I'm not sure that those are the correct injector pids.

What MAF and MAF plumbing does the car have...?

Interesting log :)

joecar
August 20th, 2010, 02:02 PM
snax, I'm still stuck at work, and it may be another hour before I get home, so it will be too late to call today :doh2: sorry mate.