PDA

View Full Version : Lost all wideband analog and serial pids

Wichita Dyno
August 21st, 2010, 11:41 AM
After latest update ive lost all wideband and calc. pids I use for auto ve tuning. Can someone help me through this? Thanks in advance.

Chris

joecar
August 21st, 2010, 02:08 PM
Hi Chris,

Use the Scan&Tune (S&T) software (comes with V8 install), see attached... click Program to program it to your V2.

Wichita Dyno
August 21st, 2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks so much for the help. Awsome software and support!

Wichita Dyno
August 22nd, 2010, 06:52 AM
I did as shown above and also updated firmware and boot block. Still when I connect to vehicle all wideband, analog and serial as well as ben's dont show up as supported pids for this 00 transam. Im guessing its a problem with calc pids? V2 is set to proper lc1 serial wideband. Any help would be appreciated.

Tordne
August 22nd, 2010, 08:15 AM
Are you Black Box Logging or pass-thru (using the Scan Tool)?

Wichita Dyno
August 22nd, 2010, 08:32 AM
Im using the scan tool with laptop on dyno to tune and data log.

mr.prick
August 22nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
It's okay if they are not valid.
Select them anyways, once you start logging they will become valid and data will be visible.

This happens sometimes with passthru. :nixweiss:

Wichita Dyno
August 22nd, 2010, 02:28 PM
Even if I select wideband pid i cant seem to find my ben pids.

Tordne
August 22nd, 2010, 02:36 PM
There were a couple of Serial PIDs actually shown in the WBO2-Analogue section incorrectly that was corrected in the last update. So, perhaps they have just moved?

mr.prick
August 22nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Were these PIDs made by you or EFILive?
Is it possible the calc_pids.txt was written over after a new install/update?

joecar
August 22nd, 2010, 07:23 PM
Even if I select wideband pid i cant seem to find my ben pids.In the scantool, on the PIDs tab, click twice on the column heading "Parameter" (i.e. on the word "Parameter")... now look down this column until you see your pids.

Which wideband/pids were they...?

joecar
August 22nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
Were these PIDs made by you or EFILive?
Is it possible the calc_pids.txt was written over after a new install/update?Good point... were the pids sourced from calc_pids.txt...?

Wichita Dyno
August 23rd, 2010, 03:03 AM
I cant explain what happened. I hooked up to a different vehicle, same year and model and the pids are back as supported pids.

joecar
August 23rd, 2010, 04:24 AM
I forgot to say this: uncheck Supported on the PIDs tab.

Oh, you see them now, cool :cheers: