PDA

View Full Version : Help with E67 PCM running a 3.9

Brads_rs
August 23rd, 2010, 02:40 AM
I searched on the site and came up with nothing. I am working on a 3.9 out of a 06 impala its going into a custom car for a customer, not sure what kind it is. Harness has been modified to be standalone. Problem is, i cant get the pcm to run the engine. I have went through the pcm several times and cant seem to find what i am missing. The engine will only start if you repeatedly tap the bat hot on and off then it will start and run sometimes and sometimes just run for a sec or 2. I have applied the VATs patch but still nothing. I am new to the E67 programming so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.

GMPX
August 23rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Might be linked in to the starter relay, are you using the factory starter relay controlled by the ECM? If not you need to put a relay (or resistive) load on that output.

Brads_rs
August 24th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks, i will give that a try. I wasn't sure if the ecm had to see a signal from the bcm that the car was cranking or not. I will get a bcm and wire it in, and see if that works.

Brads_rs
August 24th, 2010, 04:23 AM
I got it working, put a 90 ohm resistor on starter relay out put and starts every time. Thought i would need the BCM to tell the ECM to to crank but after looking at the diagrams and a little research i didn't need it. Thanks for your help GMPX. You rock :rockon: