PDA

View Full Version : New Compounds, Tuning Help...

Nemo
August 23rd, 2010, 07:59 AM
I just put on a 80mm(1.32AR) over my stocker, the tuning im running runs really good when driving(even though I think Pulse is a little high). Im pushing about 40psi, smoke cleans up but can still see a haze... Now for the problem, I cannot get my chargers to spool at a stop(cant even do burnout when I can do one from a 40mph roll. :hihi:)

What changes do I need to make to the tuning?(chart #'s would be appreciated so I know for sure im looking at the right tables)...

Thanks ahead of time,

Justin.

Big D
August 24th, 2010, 02:56 PM
how much smoke do you have when trying to spool? Timing, MAF based fueling and vane postion will make a big difference on the early LLY's. I've fought back and forth with an early LLY to get it to spool with a stock turbo. If you have some logs to share I will take a look and give you some ideas.

Nemo
August 24th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I dont have any logs and I actually just sent off all the piping to get powdercoated and im not sure how long it'll take sence the guy is doing it as a favor im not going to push to get it back...

As for smoke on the line it acts weird and wont smoke at all, the second I let off the brake it starts to pumal smoke than the turbos lite than the smoke clears up quick. I have a couple tunes from SS but they are a little big for my comfort with this 80mm and stock motor...

Its almost like taking an IC boot off and trying to do a burnout... thats the best way to describe it.

billybob
October 7th, 2013, 08:11 AM
I know this is an old post but i recently put a 475 over stock and i need help with vane position tuning. Its a lil lazy and smokey, vane position is still stock.