PDA

View Full Version : Questions about tuning a 2010 Suburban

chevymansc
August 24th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I bought a 2010 Z71 Suburban back in February (E38 ECM). I'm looking to do a mild tune on it, because I drive a twin turbo Duramax with EFI Live tuning everyday, so the Suburban just feels too slow. I don't plan on changing the exhaust or intake, I just want a nice tune for decent street power and mileage. I'm new to tuning and the guy who tuned my Duramax I don't think messes with gas engines. Can anyone give me some good starting points? And can Onstar tell if I have loaded a tune into the computer?

GMPX
August 25th, 2010, 08:47 AM
So from a Twin Turbo Duramax to a stock Z71, that feeling of slowness might remain for some time :sly:

chevymansc
August 26th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I kept the twin turbo Duramax, and drive it everyday. I just want a nice tune for my Suburban to give it a little more power.

DURAtotheMAX
August 29th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Dont expect to have any 'diesel-like' hp increases/responses with just a tune on any gas engine..... I think too many dmax guys who have efilive expect to be able to jump on any LSx small block and type a couple wild numbers and get an extra 300hp like they can with their dmax.

For all intents and purposes, tuning a dmax is 'stupid easy'. You cannot just blindly tune and throw numbers at a gas engine and expect it to live. ;)

you should really have a wide-band O2 sensor before you even start tuning...