PDA

View Full Version : Set MAF limit to 1Hz, but MAF still working?!?!

TaTommy888
December 4th, 2005, 02:01 AM
I'm getting ready to do a SD tune with EFI's custom OS.
I have a 2003 Z06 with STS's twin turbo system. My MAF also containt the AIT sensor, so I cannot physically disconnect it.

I read through the directions, and set my MAF parameters accordingly, but when I run the car on this new tune, it runs exactly the same, and when I run a scan, the MAF data is still present.

I remember reading somewhere that on some cars, you HAVE to disconnect the MAF physically. How do I do this with the IAT sensor install. Can I just disconect certain wires?

Thanks for any info!

Tommy :)

SinisterSS
December 4th, 2005, 05:48 AM
On my LS6, I set {C2901} "MAF High Frequency Fail 1" = 0.

What happens next is with the engine running, the MAF frequency will go above this and trigger SD mode. The MAF will continue to provide scan data like normal but in reality, it is being ignored by the PCM.

If your VE is dialed in with the MAF fail set to zero, your car will run exactly the same. That's a good thing!

:D

TaTommy888
December 4th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Cool! My engine is completely stock (besides the twin turbo kit!). So I gues at idle, when the turbos are doing nothing, VE is dead on. Awsome!

Thanks for the info. I didn't realized that I would still see MAF values while scanning.

Tommy :)