PDA

View Full Version : Car wont peal out!

1fastgto
August 30th, 2010, 03:03 AM
OK If I floor it the car will not break loose at all but as soon as the RPMs get above 3k it will shift and break loose and continue to spin. I cannot power brake it and break the tires loose either. Heres the log of me sitting still and floorling it. I have a 02 SS auto with a baby 228 232 cam and trick flow 215's with LT's Fast 90, Nick Williams TB and Lid. with a 3.42 rear and a stock stall. car is an animnal above 3k but below its a turd! Heres the current log and tune. Any help would be great!

swingtan
August 30th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Looking at your log ( frames 544-571 ) you did a 0-100kmh ( 0-60 mph ) in 5.1 seconds. That tells me that you have got some pretty good acceleration and hence some decent tyres. In that section, you have a small amount of spin from frames 545-551 off the line,but it then hooks up well. I think it'd probably light up the tyres very well if it was stalled up when stationary, as the idle being around 550-600 rpm is going to be well under the power band for the cam. The cam will really start working in the 2500 - 3000 RPM range which you already know, down at 600rpm it's not going to be working much at all. The drop off in near idle power will "hinder" wheel spin if you simply stomp on it, but it will also help the launch.

You are probably also running too much timing looking at the KR. Too much timing will rob lots of power, more than too little timing. Remember that once you get KR, you are way past the "optimal" timing point,so it's worth pulling more timing out of the main spark table than you see in the KR PID. To complicate your problem, your IAT's are also on the warm side, which further adds to the KR problem. I think your timing in the low RPM - high load cells, is well over where it should be and if it were me, I'd pull 6' -8' from idle to 2500 RPM in the high load cells. ( actually, you could try using your low spark table values in the high table to see what the effects would be in dropping the timing lower down in the RPM range ).

If you really feel the need spin the wheels ( in a controlled environment like at the track..... ) then just use a little brake to stop the car moving forwards. Once the engine comes up over 1500 RPM I think you'll find the rear tyres will spin quite easily.

Simon.