PDA

View Full Version : Biodiesel & Regen.

AustroTom
August 31st, 2010, 04:33 PM
Hello All,

I'm brandnew to this forum and already have an iffy question.

I was reffered to you by one of our fellow biodiesel infopop forum members because I have a 2010 Chevy with the 6.6 Duramax which utilizes a DPF to burn off excess soot in a socalled regen cycle. Now, I'm a biodiesel advocate and would like to run b100 in this truck but have been informed that the computer get's confused with the bio/DPF equation.
Does any of your product allow the ECM to be recalibrated so that the regen cycle just does not happen? (especially since b100 doesn't produce any soot).

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

bballer182
September 1st, 2010, 01:26 AM
I haven't seen a 2010 tune but i know that you can remove and tune out the DPF and the regen cycle on the '08's I would imagine that the same OS is being used for the 2010's as well

AustroTom
September 1st, 2010, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the reply:)

Can the regen cycle be tuned out without a delete kit or will I definitely need a DPF delete pipe?

Thomas

MadMaxx61
September 1st, 2010, 11:08 AM
You can just turn it off but over some time it will still fill with soot even with B100. So the delete is the way to go plus you will gain MPG and some power as it will flow a lot more also ditch the DOC for the best MPG. Now people will say that is bad for the environment but think if you burn less fuel you will make less emissions over all.

bballer182
September 1st, 2010, 11:09 AM
There is a sticky at the top of this sub forum http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?6584-quot-The-quot-DPF-removal-write-up

Yeah you would need the delete pipe also. or the DPF would get plugged up.

AustroTom
September 4th, 2010, 10:18 AM
What would the efilive system be that I need and do they have the pipe too?

Thomas

jct404
September 6th, 2010, 03:26 AM
There are vendors that will sell you the efilive program or an ecm programmed with efilive along with the dpf delete kit.

AustroTom
September 7th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Thank you guys. I'll research.

Thomas