PDA

View Full Version : BBL PIDs V2

mnotx
September 2nd, 2010, 08:39 AM
I searched and found everything but what I needed. Is there a quick tutorial for loading selected PIDs into V2? I am not sure I did it correctly.

Thanks!

Tordne
September 2nd, 2010, 10:51 AM
Check out this (sticky thread) which should hopefully help you out: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?10714-Setting-up-V2-for-BBL...

mnotx
September 2nd, 2010, 11:10 AM
Thank you. I either missed this in the search results, or it didn't come up. I appreciate the assist!

mnotx
September 2nd, 2010, 11:32 AM
OK, that much I have done. However, is there a way to select certain PIDs from all that are available for the LS1, or are you limited to just those that are default in V2 when you select the LS1? I have my custom PID list in Scan Tool. Is there a way to copy or import this PID list into V2? Even when my PC is connected to V2, my "Program Selected PIDs into Flashscan" in Scan Tool is grayed out. I am obviously doing something wrong.

joecar
September 3rd, 2010, 01:58 AM
Make sure V7/V8 software is updated to latest, and that V2 firmware is latest.

First, in EFILive Explorer (EE), goto Config Data tab, and format the Config space (click the Format button), exit EE when done.

Then, in Scan&Tune (S&T), goto Black Box Settings, goto Scan Settings tab...

and see attached for creating pidlists and populating them with pids for BBL:

[ if you have manual trans, then do not select a second controller when creating a pidlist ]

joecar
September 3rd, 2010, 02:00 AM
To change a pid's custom properties (alternate units, alarm):

joecar
September 3rd, 2010, 02:10 AM
BBF settings (which engine/trans controller):

joecar
September 3rd, 2010, 02:14 AM
Device settings (wideband serial parameters):

joecar
September 3rd, 2010, 02:24 AM
Before you can BBL or BBF(BBR/BBW), you must format the Data Space:

To format the internal Data File system:
on the V2 keypad press Ctrl+Backspace, change File sys to Internal and press OK,
then go F4 Options -> F2 File System -> F3 Format File Sys.

To format the SD Card File system:
on the V2 keypad press Ctrl+Backspace, change File sys to SD Card and press OK,

Allow the format to finish.

joecar
September 3rd, 2010, 02:50 AM
Even when my PC is connected to V2, my "Program Selected PIDs into Flashscan" in Scan Tool is grayed out.
...Note that in the V7.5 scantool software, that is for FlashScan V1.

mnotx
September 3rd, 2010, 08:27 AM
Perfect. Thank you!

joecar
October 9th, 2010, 10:23 PM
EE is used for:
- flashing bootblock/firmware into V2,
- formatting the Config space on V2,
- setting V2 splash screen and date/time,
- retrieving BBL and BBR files,
- uploading BBW (.ctd) files.

S&T is used for:
- setting/programming V2 options,
- creating/setting/programming V2 BBL pids/pidlists,
- creating/setting/programming V2 BBR/BBW modules (PCM, ECM, TCM).

Tordne
October 10th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Just one correction or clarification to what Joe has above. The bootblock/firmware updates are automatically prompted by EFILive_Hapi (EFILive Control Panel) when you connect your device and their is an update available. EFILIve Explorer can still be used to update boot/block firmware but is not as automated as the general method. EFILive Explorer must be used to update to a "beta" firmware which has the same version as a general release.

joecar
February 25th, 2011, 07:30 AM
The traditional scantool and tunetools are the V7 software...

i.e. you still use the V7 software to log and flash with laptop in vehicle.

Currently, the V8 software adds the Black Box mode tools:

EE is used for:
- flashing bootblock/firmware into V2,
- formatting the Config space on V2,
- setting V2 splash screen and date/time,
- retrieving BBL and BBR files,
- uploading BBW (.ctd) files.

S&T is used for:
- setting/programming V2 options,
- creating/setting/programming V2 BBL pids/pidlists,
- creating/setting/programming V2 BBR/BBW modules (PCM, ECM, TCM).

Hooter
February 17th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hi Guys, Im in the middle of a nightmare here.....
I ordered a Stream license for LS1B, (Feb 2012) and then had to upgrade to latest versions, which I hadn't done for a year or so, and to be fair, I get reluctant to update, as it usually causes a major head "ache" ( I could think of another word) , which then leads to down time, and time is something I dont have......
I had trouble to start with, but emailed Andrew, from which he sent me the info and order to upgrade firmware etc etc
Thankfully I made my way through this and eventually got it all up and running
So, I have V7.5.7 (Build 180) Tune Tool on Desktop
and V7.5.7 (Build 180) Scan Tool on Desktop
and EE on Desktop that shows in F12 Firmware Bootlock version 2.07.03 and Firmware 2.07.22
and S&T

Now taking into account the date of this thread, I guess there has been changes, and so the captures Joecar has added above are a bit different
but most of mine seem in order.

The problem I have, when using my V7.5 Scan Tool, my LS1 PID list has only 58 pids listed, (no transmission stuff at all) which of course means my saved dash pages have most things crossed out.
An example is KR (knock Retard), is missing, but If i go to my S&T (which looks different to Joecars above) and select F5 BBX, it has all the Selected PID Lists ticked, with E38 semi highlighted, and below that does not show KR, but if you select LS1 99+, it does show KR. So why doesnt this show up in my Scan Tool.
What do I have to do to get my V7.5 Scan Tool working again and have my LS1 PID List Chocka Block again....LOL

joecar
February 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Hi Hooter,

From the V7.5 scantool, connect to an LS1B vehicle and do Info->Validate Pids;

(you may possibly have to do these first: File->Enter VIN and File->Select Controller)

Hooter
February 17th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks Joecar, Yes Ive done that
I had a similar problem a few years back with my RR, which had me stumped, but if I recall , it was to do with changing the VIN # to suit.
My VIN's and everything seems correct, but just only 58 or 61 PIDs
I have tried having the Supported box ticked and unticked.
I have tried (in Open PID selection file) going to Program Files>EFI Live>V7.5>Installation of Defaults>PIDs>Default Metric, and then validate etc, but still same
Any suggestions
Cheers Hooter

Hooter
February 17th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Hi Guys, I sorted it out.
I did a fresh install into another laptop, and all I had to do was Register it entering my details, and all was fixed.
Obviously, i must have done all the upgrades correctly, as (very well) written by Andrew, because everything was correct in my V2 and EE.
I now have 328 PIDs in my LS1 stuff again, and have setup some of my Custom Dashpages already......happy happy happy.....back to normal.
Many Thanks to Joecar, and Andrew for their How to's and Help, which I have used over the years.....Good Work Guys.
One thing I have learnt though is, I will always do a fresh install on another laptop in the future, just in case, I need a backup that still works.
Regards
Al

joecar
February 18th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Hey Al, cool :cheers:

Laychut
April 11th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Hi,
is there a way of using calc PIDS while Black Box Logging?

Cheers,
Laychut

macca33
April 11th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Hi,
is there a way of using calc PIDS while Black Box Logging?

Cheers,
Laychut

Yes there is. I haven't got EFILive on this computer, but look on the V8 interface next to the 'PID Menu Items' box and you'll see a V7 icon and a single gear icon. If I recall correctly, select the V7 icon and you can input Calc.pids you wish to be monitored during logging.

Hope that helps.

cheers

joecar
April 11th, 2012, 06:12 AM
When you specify the calc pids in BBL, they will be automatically selected when you open the log in the V7 scantool.

Laychut
April 11th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Hi,
In V7 i can see the calc pids. How do I get them into V8?

cheers,
Laychut

joecar
April 11th, 2012, 07:28 AM
They don't show up in V8... you have to copy/paste the pid name from V7 (or otherwise manually enter it) into V8.

Laychut
April 11th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Hi Joecar,
how and where do I paste them into V8. V8 does not seem to have the same User configuration file as V7.

Cheers,
Laychut

Laychut
April 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Hi,
I think I have just found it. When selecting the PIDs in V8, you click on the V7 button and add the PIDs without the calc. in front of it.

Am I correct?

Cheers,
Laychut

joecar
April 11th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Yes, that is correct. :)

Laychut
April 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks!

Laychut
April 14th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hi,
I would like to get some idea how the experienced EFI Live users manage their Calc.PID file.

Do you just keep adding to it so it gets bigger and bigger or do you have seperate ones for each type of tuning that you replace when needed?

Cheers,
Laychut

joecar
April 15th, 2012, 03:28 AM
I use the most recent Calc.VET/Calc.MAFT file (see attached), and just add to it as needed...

Before I delete something from it, I save a renamed copy of it in a subfolder.

It would be nice for the scantool to be able to read multiple calc_pids.txt files.

FirstGenThree
October 11th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Could someone verify if this PID list is correct for CALC.VET, there are a few that have different descriptors than what's shown in the how-to. Do I delete the serial wb PID since I have the NGK analog PID at the bottom? (That's what I'm using). Also all my calc PIDs are typed in the V7 pop up box so I believe i'm set there. Thanks in advance.

On a side note...I know it's been a while since anyone posted on this thread but i've been reading all week on this forum to find my missing calc pids and started wondering if it was a V7/V8 issue, as it is. There are many outdated how-to's with seemingly high priority. Most of my frustration with this software comes from reading outdated info. From using the setup CD when I first got it and thinking I couldn't use BBX features when my laptop quit to reading 11/48 pages of the CALC.VET tutorial thread and realizing I had wasted alot of time. It's easy to get sidetracked reading about the issues of others, after all you might learn something, but i'm still trying to get the basics down and it ends up being wasteful of time (relative to the task at hand) and overwhelming.

EFI_V8PIDS
PCM.MAF_GM
PCM.DYNAIRTMP_M
PCM.EQIVRATIO
EXT.WO2LAM1
PCM.MAP
PCM.LONGFT1
PCM.LONGFT2
PCM.MAFFREQ
PCM.TP
PCM.CYLAIR_M
PCM.RPM
PCM.DYNCYLAIR_M
PCM.ECT
PCM.HO2S11
PCM.IAT
PCM.KR
PCM.HO2S21
WO2A.AFR_NGK1

joecar
October 12th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Yes, you don't need the analog wideband NGk pid, you can delete it.

joecar
October 12th, 2013, 09:34 PM
All the relevant info on the Calc.VET procedure is in post #1 of the Calc.VET thread (it has links to supporting info)...

all the other posts are just the historical development of the procedure.

joecar
October 12th, 2013, 09:40 PM
The basics:
- get your pids (including calc_pids.txt) (taking note of the DYNAIRTMP_DMA pid or lack thereof),
- setup your maps (one for CALC.VET by RPM x MAP to match VE table B0101, one for CALC.SELBEN by MAFFREQ to match MAF table B5001);
- capture a log;
- apply the transient filter;
- apply the MAF map (by paste-multiplying into B5001),
- apply the VE map ( by pasting into B0101).

Of course, doing all this requires an understanding how to operate the V7 scantool and tunetool (read their user manual pdf's)...

and requires figuring out if your OS supports the DYNAIRTMP_DMA pid and what to do if it doesn't.

joecar
October 12th, 2013, 09:47 PM
In doing the Calc.VET procedure:

when you filter out transient data you are removing not just transient throttle/airmass/airflow data frames, but you are also removing any VE contribution

( below B0120 (4000 rpm) MAF is used for steady state throttle/airflow, and VE is used for transient throttle/airflow )

i.e. you are leaving only the MAF contribution;

so when you multiply CALC.SELBEN into the MAF table you are correcting the MAF only (i.e. without getting tainted by VE contribution).

joecar
October 12th, 2013, 09:50 PM
MAF map = CALC.SELBEN by MAFFREQ -> this is the correction factor for the MAF table B5001 (you paste-multiply this into B5001).

VE map = CALC.VET by RPM x MAP -> this calculates a new VE table from the corrected MAF (you paste this into B0101).

FirstGenThree
October 13th, 2013, 04:32 AM
I think I was misleading in my first post, I am using an NGK analog WB, do I use that PID instead of the one mentioned in the how-to? The description in my PID list above just says external but I recall one of the columns saying serial which isn't the case.

Also I believe my OS (12579405) IS on the list of supporting DYNAIRTMP_DMA however I could not find it. I'll go back through the calc.vet thread. Thanks for your help.

Edit: So I need to change my text file as per post #44 for my specific wideband, and then the wo2lam1 pid will be correct? and/or I delete the NGK pid I have at the bottom. Going to make these changes and see how my available pid list looks. Still can't find DYNAIRTMP_DMA however. Thank you again for your help.

dgp
December 14th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Before you can BBL or BBF(BBR/BBW), you must format the Data Space:

To format the internal Data File system:
on the V2 keypad press Ctrl+Backspace, change File sys to Internal and press OK,

To format the SD Card File system:
on the V2 keypad press Ctrl+Backspace, change File sys to SD Card and press OK,

Allow the format to finish.

Joe, do you need to format the file system each time if you want to change which PID's you want to log?

joecar
December 14th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Joe, do you need to format the file system each time if you want to change which PID's you want to log?No, just one time only.

Tom B.
June 23rd, 2017, 08:50 AM
I must be doing something wrong. I cannot seem to figure out how to load the .calc vet file onto my SD card and have the V@ recognize it. What is the proper procedure? Any help would be appreciated.

joecar
June 23rd, 2017, 10:29 AM
V2 BBL does not log/evaluate calc pids... the calc pids are evaluated offline when you view the log using the V7 scantool.

So, just log all the non-calc pids in V2 BBL, and then afterwards when viewing the log, V7 scantool allows you to select the calc pids

( of course, each calc pid's dependent non-calc pids must be present in the log in order for that calc pid to be evaluated ).

Tom B.
June 23rd, 2017, 10:55 AM
Thank you.