PDA

View Full Version : B0401/0402 Brake Torque Management (BTM)

TurboCamaro
September 7th, 2010, 08:17 AM
What all influences BTM.
I have set {B0401} BTM Enable RPM at various values from Minimum 0 RPM to Maximum 12800 as well {B0402} BTM Disable RPM to various values from Min to Max.
Is it a requirement that the brake is depressed (or brake switch activated) as well? I am trying to understand what affects it and how to control it.

I am trying to get a handle on what influences GM.EST_BTM_DMA (EST-Brake Torque Management Spark_Retard and believe these to be the Parameters that would affect this PID.

When I log this in an 03 Z06 that I am tuning I get activity on this PID however it is not pulling timing or affecting power.

TurboCamaro
September 21st, 2010, 11:28 AM
I am still trying to get a handle on Brake Torque Management there is some interesting activity in these 2 logs.

In the first log I pulled a bunch of time so I knew that I was not detonating and there is quite a bit of activity on pid EST_BTM but it does not seem to be affecting total timing. On the second log the timing has been put back in until the power stopped picking up on the dyno. Here there is still a bit of activity on EST_BTM but again it is not affecting total timing.

Then early in the logs at part throttle there is a bunch of activity on EST_BTM.

What controls and affects Brake Torque Management? Should it be controlled like a rev limiter with B0401 BTM Enable RPM set at where you want it to activate or come into play and then B0402 BTM Disable RPM set to a value just under this. Is there anything else that affects it?

joecar
September 21st, 2010, 12:02 PM
I'm reading along (I don't know the answers)... :) ...I'll view the log later tonite;

stuff like this makes a person do some quiet thinking :cheers:

TurboCamaro
September 21st, 2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Joecar

I agree! I have been contemplating and researching this for some time now!

TurboCamaro
September 28th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Bump.

An update the Nitrous is going in however am a bit concerned with the BTM. Does anyone have a good understanding on what controls BTM and what it does.

nevinsb
September 28th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I remember seeing something about this on the G8 forum a while back, but I'm still not exactly sure what BTM even does. Someone let me know if I am wrong, but I believe that BTM is applied when you are trying to pre-load the drive train and put the engine into a higher torque range by applying the brakes and the gas at the same time. I would think BTM is only applied at 0 speed, but I could be wrong since some people use both the brakes and gas to handle a corner. This would be something else to test is BTM while in motion.

I am also assuming this is for vehicles with an ECT. Did you notice any change in throttle position when you where changing these settings? I don't think I have seen anyone yet making enough power to actually try to use brake torque management, they usually are trying to disable it.

Are you trying to use the BTM as a launch control? I would think it stops working as soon as you release the brakes, so maybe using Abuse torque management is what you are after?

TurboCamaro
September 30th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Hi Nevinsb
I am trying to eliminate it, it is showing up in the logs but doesn't seem to be affecting power or timing.
It does not seem to be affecting throttle.
PID EST_BTM is showing activity on the log when doing a WOT Sweep on the dyno. The logs are posted earlier.
I am trying to understand what controls/affects it so I can eliminate the activity in the logs and ensure that nothing is being affected.