PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

trudynosports
December 6th, 2005, 01:57 PM
I've got another situation that I've never seen before. 2000 Camaro SS LS6 intake and headers. The WOT fuel goes to 12.5 which is commanded and then directly goes back to 14.6. It won't stay down during the pull and I have to abort. I don't know what is making it go back to stoich even though the load is high and the TPS is still 100%. Any ideas?

Aaron.

dfe1
December 6th, 2005, 02:45 PM
How about some details- which operating system, have you data logged with FlashScan to see if any of the variables look out of range? What do the vehicle narrow band sensors report? Are you sure fuel flow to the injectors is adequate once you transition to WOT?

trudynosports
December 7th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Operating system is 09381344 and still running MAF. Very little has been done to the car as far as mods. The commanded AFR is 12.5 and stays there even when the car goes lean. The narrow band 02's LTFT's go straight to 0 once WOT is initiated. I'm going to do some more digging today just wanted to see if anyone had seen this same thing before.

Aaron.

caver
December 7th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Check the injector duty cycles if they are not doing insane things then you have a mechanical problem.
Check the fuel pressure etc

dfe1
December 7th, 2005, 04:40 AM
I have to agree with caver, sounds like a mechanical problem. Either that or the wide band has lost its marbles? If it doesn't display the same characteristics on other vehicles, then fuel delivery is falling short, which translates to a supply problem. I've seen similar situations when someone got a "smoking deal" on a set of injectors that turned out to be lower flow rate than advertised. However, in your case, that's doubtful because I'm guessing the LTFTs aren't whacked. Fuel pump and filter problems are other causes I've seen.

trudynosports
December 9th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks all,

Fuel pressure at the rail is 55lbs throughout the pull. I'm going to go MAFless on the car and see what happens then. I think something is going on with the MAF.