PDA

View Full Version : Tech Edge Serial Connection

SCP Perf
September 13th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Just received my 3B1 Tech Edge wideband and was trying to hook it up through the serial port. From what I can tell, the the V1 pinout on the "bench harness" tutorial serial pins do not match what we have on the V2 cable doing a continuity check.

From the attached diagrams it appears that I need to get:
Techedge RJ45 EFI Live
Pin 5 (Ground) Pin 2 (Ground)
Pin 3 (Tx) Pin 5 (Signal)

Does this sound right??

Thanks,
Matt

swingtan
September 13th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Not at all......

I think you may have the V1 diagram there as the V2 does not use the DB9 for vehicle coms ( VPW ). I'm sure I did a post on hooking up the TE to the V2 a while back. do a search and see if anything come up.

Basically though, the serial plug on the V2 should have TX/RX on pins 2/3 ( or the other way around ) and GRND is Pin 7.

Simon.

here you go......

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?7604-Tech-edge-wb-use-with-v2-bbl

SCP Perf
September 14th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Looking at the diagram I was thinking that it wasn't right, but I was assuming it was differences between the V1 and V2 and was going off the continuity check in the actual cable. I hadn't been able to find anything showing the Tx and Rx pinouts out of the V2 unit. I would like to have one cable going from the tech edge to the Flashscan.

From the link you had above, Paul list the RJ12 V2 pinouts as
TechEdge <-> FlashScan
RJ45 <-> RJ12
GND Pin 5 <-> Pin 5 GND
TX Pin 3 <-> Pin 2 RX
RX Pin 2 <-> Pin 1 TX

Hopefully I can try this out this weekend and play with the frames per second settings you mentioned to get a good reading.

Thanks,
Matt