PDA

View Full Version : what to log?

Boost
September 13th, 2010, 01:46 PM
An aggressive tune is overwhelming the Allison. I want to confirm that it's limping, and also monitor engine performance to look for any "timing rattle" or noises. What should I log? What should I look for? I will post the log file here, but I need to know which PIDs to select for this '05 to log tomorrow. Thanks!

Boost
September 14th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Maybe no one replied because there are so few supported diesel PIDs that it's possible to log all of them. I did.

etmotorsports
September 14th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Did you find what you needed....? All i typically check for is rail pressure issues i try to keep away from too much timing on those motors.

Boost
September 14th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Hi David, I found some clues but still looking. So far there is tranny acting up and P1093. I think I need to log trans. PIDs. With regard to rail pressures, what is generally too much timing?

Nemo
September 15th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Do you have a stock trans? also how big is the tune your running? and normally it takes a while to get a responce on here...

Boost
September 16th, 2010, 08:41 PM
It's worth waiting a little while for the responses. :) This is my all time #1 forum.

The trans. is stock, the tune is 90-100 horsepower. There are no P7xxx codes, just a flared / slipping shift in the higher gear under some throttle, but he rarely gets on it so it MAY be taps? I know that much power can slip and hurt the stock 5 speed Ally, but the only code was for fuel pressure.

Ane he says the mileage went from 14.5 stock to 13.8, I don't trust the DIC but my tunes usually improve or not affect mileage. Hmmm. He is running a 40-50 horsepower tune now that shifts better, I will log and post it also but would like some input on what to log and look for. Thanks!

joecar
September 17th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Yeah this is a great forum :cheers: thanks to all you guys (both oilers and gassers) :cheers: you make the forum :cheers:

Boost
September 17th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Man, six mugs of beer in one post? I though I was bad ;)

joecar
September 17th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I think I can go upto 12 (a whole case of pints)... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Boost
September 17th, 2010, 02:25 PM
:grd:

killerbee
September 19th, 2010, 01:29 PM
log max engine torque, fuelq main mm3, rpm, TP%.

A flaired shift will show up on the rpm curve. mm3 should reduce enough to prevent flairing, using your torque fuel tables.

Boost
September 19th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Thank you Michael, that's great info.