PDA

View Full Version : LMM-MAF and Regen/DPF relationship

killerbee
September 13th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Following some current events, it has been apparent that MAF errors may have been causing aborted regenerations, causing DPF loading, poor economy, and more. So I decided to try to duplicate some of this.

First, I changed up the analog values. This had no effect on anything. So I switched to analog MAF in B0204. I got no MAF reading this way. So I switched back to digital, and changed the scaling slightly. That did it, without leaving the driveway I got a P0101 for some failed diagnostic (while idling) and within seconds, got the "check exhaust filter" dic message. Going from memory on message accuracy. I was only at 29g of soot, so regeneration was not active, or even imminent. ??? More mystery.

I have had reports of P0101 causing aborts of in-process regenerations. One stated that the problem was remedied only after the MAF sensor was replaced.

So at the risk of annoying the snot out of Ross, I wonder what can be learned here. What causes a P0101 to trip, and how can we adjust MAF scaling without a code? Is there a comparator diagnostic, or ???.

This is an area of growing concern, with aftermarket intakes (new MAF locations) wreaking havoc on owners.

killerbee
September 19th, 2010, 02:36 PM
bump (http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3198/bumpw.gif)

killerbee
September 21st, 2010, 01:02 AM
It would be really helpful to be able to change the MAF scaling. It could lead to solving the hesitation issue as well. Hopefully this thread can generate more interest.

robertleeii
September 22nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
I had this problem with my LMM and finally i just turned off the P0101 error code after every think else failed.