PDA

View Full Version : No DTC's in log file

spandit
September 16th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Managed to get my V2 logging OK although have very little idea of what most of the numbers mean! However, I know my engine is throwing a few codes because when the V2 is connected via the OBDII you can read them and when it's connected in pass-through mode, it brings up a whole list (it's a transplant into a kit-car so most of them are for stuff I've ripped out, like EVAP, A/C etc.).

However, if I load a log file that I obtained through BBL, it says "No DTC's stored in logfile" (or similar) - is this something that could be fixed in the future or have I set it up wrong?

joecar
September 16th, 2010, 03:44 AM
For passthru connection of scantool to vehicle:
in scantool, go Edit->Properties->Logging and under Auto-Save Meta Data check DTC's... and leave the others unchecked.

For BBL:
can't do it... you have to go F3 Diagnostics -> F4 Record All Diags and numbered .txt file will be saved containing any DTC's.

spandit
September 16th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Ah, OK, not to worry then. Perhaps this is something they'll release in the future. I've deleted most of them anyway - still getting P0463 (fuel level sensor 1 circuit high voltage) - think I can delete this assuming it refers to the original tank (which I haven't got)