PDA

View Full Version : Need help - Can Start Car, but dies when I give it any throttle before going to CL

Mr Z
September 16th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Alright guys I have been at this for far too long. Have 2000 TA with a 383 and Fast 102/PTM 92mm intake. I have the car starting up fine and it runs great once it gets to closed loop, problem I have is when it is dead cold and I start it, it will give some trouble, but comes to idle. Also if I give it any throttle at that point in park or in gear it will just die. After the car gets past 140 coolant temps it is fine. Another thing I have to do when it is cold it take fuel out of the PArk to Drive enrichment table to get it to not die going into gear. All of the fueling looks good. It is driving me crazy. Who want to wait for the car to warm up or get into closed loop. 15-20seconds is a long time when you are just sitting there....LOL I have attached the tune. Please help.

Mr Z
September 16th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Car has a 232/236 112 cam, It is an A4 with stock stall as well.

WeathermanShawn
September 17th, 2010, 01:14 AM
You might have more luck manipulating Table B3605 if you are wanting to take fuel out during start-up. Try an EQ of 1.00 and see how that works.

If you are really wanting to go to closed-loop faster, you could change B4202 to 1 second. I see you you have lowered your Closed-Loop Temps to 10C. Problem is that the O2 sensors are very lazy when the engine is that cold..but if you are wanting to get to closed-loop quicker, change that timer or try changing your OLFA Table to lean it out some.

joecar
September 17th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Hi Mr Z,

Have you tried working thru this: showthread.php?4661-Idle-Tuning-Helpful-Info-Inside (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?4661-Idle-Tuning-Helpful-Info-Inside)

WeathermanShawn
September 19th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Mr.Z:

Also, started a new thread on Idle Tips & Tricks that may be of interest to you..http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14439-Idle-Tips-amp-Tricks

Good luck!