PDA

View Full Version : timing tuner v1.1?

projectblackbird
September 18th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Has anyone had any luck using a v1.1 timing tuner for nitrous? I have followed the instructions to the best of my ability and i still get a horrible backfire. Its suppose to be pulling 9* of timing. My nitrous kit is a big shot nos plate, because i have a victor jr intake with a 102mm throttle body. Any tips or tricks are welcome.

GMPX
September 19th, 2010, 10:11 AM
What is the v1,1 timing tuner?
Not sure what year your car is but we did offer for some GenIII PCM OS's the ability to have the PCM pull timing via a spare input pin. Most people set it up so as the nitrous relay is activated the PCM input is triggered to but 'x' amount of timing.

rpmauto
September 19th, 2010, 10:24 AM
the timing tuner is garbage. I had one and know of two others that didnt work. You are way way better off with a custom operating sys, or just load a different tune when you want to spray.

projectblackbird
September 20th, 2010, 01:09 AM
It's sold by full throttle and is plugged into the crank sensor on one and and the pcm on the other. It alters the signal between the sensor and the pcm with the introduction of current. Summed up its a cheap version of msd's timing twister.

projectblackbird
September 20th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the advice. About what I figured .