PDA

View Full Version : Please Help a New User

Tuned55
September 19th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Hello

I've got a 55 Chevy BelAir with a 98 LS1with a T56. I sent out the ECM and had it programed. The car dose run fine for the most part but it dose have a few issues. I bought the EFILive scan tool, software, etc. a while back but my old lap top was, well, old. I bought a new one running Windows 7.

If there is a thread going over this I could not find it. I need help from the get go. Installation, registering etc. I have a 300 mile trip planned for this weekend and would like to see what's what with it.

My issue at the moment is EFILive will not install on this new lap top? I get this The requested operation requires elevation.Win32 error: 740

Thanks in advance

joecar
September 19th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hi Tuned55 welcome to the forum :cheers:

Are you loggined in as administrator...?

What laptop did you get...?

Do you have FlashScan V1 or V2...?

Tuned55
September 19th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hi Tuned55 welcome to the forum :cheers:

Are you loggined in as administrator...?

What laptop did you get...?

Do you have FlashScan V1 or V2...?

Hi
Thanks for the Welcome. I bought another a Dell inspiron and yes on the administrator login

Looks like I have FlashScan V2

Tuned55
September 19th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I'm actually tring to install EFILive on my old laptop again. I hate to get that comp too involved with EFI. I just can't trust it

Tordne
September 19th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Please seen this (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7616-TYKL-8474) knowledgebase article for the resolution to that problem :)

Tuned55
September 19th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks,
It's loading on my Windows 7 machine as I type

Tuned55
September 19th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Would you please direct me to the registration procedure next :doh2:

Taz
September 19th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Hello Tuned55,

To register / activate the software – in the Tune Tool go to Help\Register EFILive and enter your:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

FlashScan serial #<o:p></o:p>
Type<o:p></o:p>
Issue date<o:p></o:p>
Key<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
A missing “0” or transposed digit is often the problem, if the software fails to activate on the first try. Once these values are correctly entered, the software will come out of Demo mode.<o:p></o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Taz

Tuned55
September 19th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks Taz!

mr.prick
September 19th, 2010, 02:23 PM
In the scan or tune on the top menu bar Help> Register EFILive

You can also enter the registration key into the license.txt in the EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration folder.
The license is case sensitive.

Tuned55
September 19th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for all the help. Looks like it's ready plug in and get some data