PDA

View Full Version : V2 Feature For Clearing Learned Data

swingtan
September 19th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find an option in the V2 to "clear learned data". I know there is an option in pass through mode to do this, but it would be great if we could just plug in the V2 and clear LTFT's and any learned Idle control ( speaking E38, but probably good for all non LS1 controllers).

The problem is that unlike the LS1, the later controllers seem to hold all learned between calibration flashes. For example, I can alter the VVE and/or the MAF but the LTFT's will remain at the previous tune settings till they learn out. Am I just missing the menu option or does this need to go on the "to do" list.....

Simon.

swingtan
September 20th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Further to this.....
I tried to clear the fuel trims in my E38 today using the DVT controls in pass-through mode. It made no difference at all and I had to resort to clearing the LTFT's by a full ECM rest cycle. Is this something that can be added as keeping LTFT data between cal flashes that alter fueling doesn't help much.

simon.

Blacky
September 20th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find an option in the V2 to "clear learned data". I know there is an option in pass through mode to do this, but it would be great if we could just plug in the V2 and clear LTFT's and any learned Idle control ( speaking E38, but probably good for all non LS1 controllers).

The problem is that unlike the LS1, the later controllers seem to hold all learned between calibration flashes. For example, I can alter the VVE and/or the MAF but the LTFT's will remain at the previous tune settings till they learn out. Am I just missing the menu option or does this need to go on the "to do" list.....

Simon.

That function is part of the larger DVT (Dynamic Vehicle Testing, aka bidirectional controls) implementation that we are implementing on the V2.
Regards
Paul

GMPX
September 20th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Simon, I haven't figured out how to make the E38 forget what it learns without other bad things being forgotten. The Octane scaler is a particularly annoying one.