PDA

View Full Version : Hate asking every time I need something

Tuned55
September 22nd, 2010, 03:00 PM
Gentlemen.

Like I've stated in my previous posts I'm new to EFI tuning. I always spend as much time as I need searching for the answer before I ask in a forum but I seem to come up empty.

What am I doing wrong in my quest for answers? I had the vendor I worked with when I bought EFILive look at my tune and noticed I have two parameters that need changing. I did a search for "change parameters" came up empty.

Is there an area that would help get me up to speed. A guided tutorial?

joecar
September 22nd, 2010, 03:17 PM
Hey Bruce, no worries mate :rockon:

Tunetool quick guide:

- put the cursor on the cell(s) you want to change [use the ctrl key to hightlight multiple cells] and then do either of:
a. directly enter a new number into that cell;
b. place a number in the box labelled Adjust: and click one of the 5 buttons after it (#, +/-, %, *, /);
c. on the table graph, you can drag points up or down with the mouse/cursor;

- repeat that for each table/parameter you want to edit;

- when finished editing, go File->Save As and accept the new file name (has an incrementing number appended);

- make sure car battery is good, turn off all accessories (including dome lamp), turn ignition key to on,

- then go Flash->Program PCM Calibrations (the button with the narrow red down arrow) [ this is called a "cal-only" flash],
- the flash window pops up, click Start, and the progress bar starts going;
- when progress bar is finished, it asks you to turn ignition off, do so, and click Ok, a 15 second timer starts counting down;
- when countdown is finished, close the flash window, you may now start engine.

Also, have a read/work thru the tunetool pdf, it has some good info.

Tuned55
September 23rd, 2010, 01:17 AM
Yep! Just what I was looking for. Awesome! I'll give it a go later today

joecar
September 23rd, 2010, 01:32 AM
Your '55 looks fabulous (both on outside and under the skin), good job :cheers:

Chevy366
September 23rd, 2010, 02:14 AM
Nice ride .
Glad to see new life breathed into a older car or truck .
Think we will be doing this with Hybrids in 20 years ? Not if I can help it . :grin:

Tuned55
September 23rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the compliments on my 55. It was a long 6 year build. Just get it fine tuned now. I picked up a 99~02 PCM today. I'll be messing with that next week when I get back from my first road trip in it.

BTW. This site Rocks!