PDA

View Full Version : RTACS Filters

mr.prick
September 24th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Where are these stored or how can I get the software to load specific PIDs automatically?

Right now it loads 3 but 1 PID I don't use anymore. :doh2:

mr.prick
September 26th, 2010, 03:25 AM
:nixweiss:

TFZ_Z06
September 26th, 2010, 01:59 PM
In the registry of windows, there are some filters saved:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER->EFILive->V7.5->Properties->Rrx
Look at the Flt filters.

NOTE: CLOSE EFI Live Tune before editing the registry or the software will default save the params.

mr.prick
September 26th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks.

How do I edit these? :hihi:

TFZ_Z06
September 26th, 2010, 04:40 PM
This is my estimate of what is going on:

Filter Set 1 = 0 - 3
Filter Set 2 = 4 - 7
Filter Type = 0 - 4

Example:

FltActive.00 = (Enable = 1 , Disable = 0)

FltOption.00 = is Less than = 0, is greater than = 1, is equal to = 2, varies by more than = 3, varies by less than = 4

FltPID.00 = Not sure here. I think he looks to see which PIDS are active when the program is in use filling the list box
with avail params. List boxes are always numbered 0 to N, with 0 at the top of the list. Note this is
"SZ" data which means string only. I would not edit these, though you could put a blank in to get rid of a PID I guess.

FltVal.00 = numeric or string data, depending on what the PID returns. This could for example be 1.0 or LAMBDA

To edit these params in windows, just click on the item and change it.

SZ = STRING, which can be interpreted as string or numeric
DWORD = numeric data

TFZ_Z06
September 26th, 2010, 04:46 PM
also, I would be interested to see what the registry looks like when the program is live. I'm guessing you could copy the exact PID name in to the SZ string if you loaded the exact sequence of PIDs every time. Not sure why the last ones uses are not saved there. programmer will have to comment on that.

mr.prick
September 26th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Awesome!
I edited everything as you said and it worked perfectly.
FltPID needs to be exactly as it is seen in the filter set drop down box: SAE.TP (%) - SAE.RPM (RPM)
FltVal is the value to be filtered: varies by more than 5 % - is less than 400 RPM
Thanks for deciphering the registry values.

Now to figure out why the software won't save the filters after they are used. :sneaky:

Blacky
September 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Now to figure out why the software won't save the filters after they are used. :sneaky:

Can you explain exactly what is not working here? I am still not sure what is not being saved, or when it is not being saved.
Regards
Paul

TFZ_Z06
September 27th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I have not used this part of the program in a while, as I usually do CALC PIDS instead. But, I noticed in the past that the filters are not saved and restored when you restart the program or open the RR dialog.

As far as preferences, I would like the RR dialog data to remain the same until I change it. I think what might be nice too would be a "Disable all Filters" check box.

Hopefully, Mr Prick will jump in as he is a current user.

mr.prick
September 27th, 2010, 09:58 PM
The RTACS filters are empty instead of them being saved from the last time they were used.
I'd like them to automatically load when the tune.exe opens. :angel_innocent:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/whitespar/RTACSFilters.gif

Blacky
September 27th, 2010, 10:21 PM
The RTACS filters are empty instead of them being saved from the last time they were used.
I'd like them to automatically load when the tune.exe opens. :angel_innocent:[/IMG]

The filters stay populated when I test here. There must be a sequence of steps that are not the same between what you do when using the software and what I do when testing.
I'll do some more investigating...
Paul

mr.prick
September 27th, 2010, 10:44 PM
My registry values aren't saving.

Frost
October 12th, 2010, 04:47 PM
PC OS or permissions related?

mr.prick
October 12th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Shouldn't be OS, I've had no problems changing the registry before. :doh:
My RTACS laptop is good tho.