PDA

View Full Version : help no o2 sensor readings?

73 Nova Guy
September 24th, 2010, 11:03 AM
ok i have a 5.3 turbo'd we are trying to get the car to run in closed loop and having no luck with the o2 sensors working. i have them wired correctly on power one ground for the heater and a high and low side. i have checked the continuity of the wires for the high and low side and every thing checks out. i even replaced the o2 sensor no luck

this is a 411 pcm with a custom os. possibly i am logging the wrong pid's?
i have the factory narrow band hooked into rear bank2 sensor 2 and the lc1 narrow band side hooked in to bank1 sensor 1. i was moving them around the pins just to check other places to get readings.

here is a log file..

any idea's on what i am doing wrong here would help.

limited cv8r
September 24th, 2010, 03:44 PM
You could try logging SAE.FUELSYS in the fuel tab of pid's to see if you are actually going into closed loop. Also post up your tune and people may be able to help.

73 Nova Guy
September 24th, 2010, 05:10 PM
here is the current tune..

i will log that pid tomorrow and post it up can run the car any more today.

bai78
September 26th, 2010, 03:44 PM
It could be that the HO2S low signal wires are not fully pinned into the pcm.

I had similiar problem with my Bank 2 Sensor 1 and it turned out to be the low signal pin was not making full contact with the pcm. A little adjustment and viola, all was operational and into closed loop!

73 Nova Guy
September 26th, 2010, 03:48 PM
i wish i have had the pins in and out ten times and have checked this not the problem..

bai78
September 26th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Well it was worth a shot. Have you looked at the pcm pin itself? On odd occasions they will recess & you have to pull them out with some needle nose pliars. I'm just throwing it out there as it happened to me & was tripping a code for EBCM communication.

73 Nova Guy
September 26th, 2010, 04:52 PM
i took a quick look at them. i don't get any signal from any of the 4 sensors.

today i found that the car doesn't go into open look like expected.. not sure why that is..

WeathermanShawn
September 26th, 2010, 04:56 PM
today i found that the car doesn't go into open look like expected.. not sure why that is..

Your B4205 Temps are still at 34C. That keeps you in closed-loop.

73 Nova Guy
September 26th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Your B4205 Temps are still at 34C. That keeps you in closed-loop.

i am sorry i meant to say closed loop.. im trying to get the car into closed loop..

joecar
September 27th, 2010, 04:11 AM
It won't go into CL until you can get a correct NBO2 signal from the front NBO2 sensors...

From log in post #1:
HO2S11 (front left): voltage is pegged high at 1000mV (with a some interesting ripple in it), may be a possible short to power.
HO2S21 (front right): voltage is flatlined at 450 mV (the at-rest voltage), this is an open circuit.
HO2S12 (rear left): 450mV, open circuit.
HO2S22 (rear right): 920mV with ripple coinciding with MAP sensor... possible short circuit.

73 Nova Guy
September 30th, 2010, 04:26 PM
It won't go into CL until you can get a correct NBO2 signal from the front NBO2 sensors...

From log in post #1:
HO2S11 (front left): voltage is pegged high at 1000mV (with a some interesting ripple in it), may be a possible short to power.
HO2S21 (front right): voltage is flatlined at 450 mV (the at-rest voltage), this is an open circuit.
HO2S12 (rear left): 450mV, open circuit.
HO2S22 (rear right): 920mV with ripple coinciding with MAP sensor... possible short circuit.

well i had HO2S11: hooked up to my lc1 narrow band side.
HO2S21,HO2S12 are no hooked to any thing
HO2S22: was the factory narrow band.
i was moving them around in the pcm to see if there was a dead input in the pcm.. i plan to only use bank one sensor one and two.

last night we got another pcm and stuck a stock tune in it to see what the pcm reads. here is the log from that..

not much difference i guess i need to investigate the wiring some more

joecar
October 1st, 2010, 05:08 AM
Check wiring and connectors.

73 Nova Guy
October 8th, 2010, 11:35 AM
ok i am learning wile we go here so bare with me. come to find out the car wouldn't go into closed loop wile it sat on jack stands in park.. so today i drove the damn thing and bang it went into closed loop. this is how i am running the car for this log. 9174

what i want to do in the end is make it single bank with one narrow band signal from my lc1 and run only one o2 sensor. so what i did was take bank 1 sensor one and bank 1 sensor 2 and spit the signal to get the same on both banks. i kinda new that this wouldn't work as you can see sensor two is not responding.

a friend of mine took a stock tune and put it into tuner cats and turned it to single bank we then sucked it out with efi live from another pcm. we had this pcm in the car last week with this tune just to test if my pcm was bad and i noticed that the pid SYS.FUELSYS only had one bank and the other was unknown. but in the tune it still has injector bank assignments in bank 1 and 2 so i am not sure if it will work.9175here is that tune.

joecar
October 8th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Log_0025 shows HO2S11 (B1S1) and HO2S12 (B1S2) but not HO2S21 (B2S1).

joecar
October 8th, 2010, 02:20 PM
You need to fix these:

Out of Range calibration summary: 06:20:00 pm, Friday Oct 08, 2010

Engine Calibration.Fuel.DFCO
{B3308} DFCO M6 Enable Temp, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Calibration.Fuel.Mixture
{B3614} Hot PE Mode Coolant Temp Threshold, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Calibration.Fuel.Lean Cruise
{B3636} Vehicle Speed Lean Cruise Enable, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Calibration.Fuel.Trim
{B3803} Maximum Coolant Temp to Enable LTFT, was out of range when loaded.

Engine Calibration.Abuse Management
{B1207} Abuse Management Vehicle Speed Threshold, was out of range when loaded.

System.Fans
{G0903} Fan #1 Turn-on By A/C Temp, was out of range when loaded.

joecar
October 8th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Set B3616 to something sane, say 60% below 3500 and 35% above 3500...

it is currently 90% which means you won't get PE at significant load (e.g. 70% TP is significant load) which means that according to B3605 you will be lean (knocking).

joecar
October 8th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Hi Nova Guy,

Are you running boost...?

Your spark timing is really low, and your PE afr is really rich.

Have you corrected the VE and MAF tables.

How is your MAF plumbed to the intake manifold (pics)...?