PDA

View Full Version : LOVE how well my car is running...

n8dogg
September 25th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Oooo :grin:weeee. Shes never pulled this hard before. 60 degree ambient temps, 180 degree thermostat, a couple degree bump in timing advance. WOW! She just about breaks loose in mid second gear. Here's a log for you guys. I noticed .4 degree retard due to knock. Does it look like I reached the knock limit, or is it just some acoustics? :grin:

WeathermanShawn
September 25th, 2010, 01:22 PM
You have done really well on your tune. You are a good 'student'.

Don't these engines just love colder weather!

I personally would not worry about .4 degrees of KR. I might just leave my timing alone from this point, and see how it goes over the next few months.

So what modification is next? You know it is addicting..:grin:

n8dogg
September 25th, 2010, 04:29 PM
You have done really well on your tune. You are a good 'student'.

Don't these engines just love colder weather!

I personally would not worry about .4 degrees of KR. I might just leave my timing alone from this point, and see how it goes over the next few months.

So what modification is next? You know it is addicting..:grin:

Ugh I know it is. My problem is I go through cars almost as fast as girls. I had a 2003 Corvette Targa Coupe before the Z06 for a couple years. I got bored and opted for the Z06. Of course like an idiot I can't leave a car alone so I do a bunch of upgrades and end up selling the car shortly after. Ha.

Well winter is coming up fast, so I don't plan on doing anything other than getting my WB hooked up. This winter I will save up for some Long Tubes and pray that it wont be too loud with the Borla Stingers. I'm going to try to get to the 1/4 mile track with in the month of Oct. I am confident in 11's, especially with the set of Nitto 55r2's I have sitting around.

joecar
September 25th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Cool :cheers: thanks for posting your results...

Car is like a girl, when you find a good one you want to keep her... :cheers: