PDA

View Full Version : Dyno #'s

LBZoom
September 26th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Any of you guys that have run an LBZ or any Dmax on the dyno...

1.) what gear are you running in? I see 4th is a 1:1 ratio... I ran in second gear my first pull....

2.) Should you "load" the dyno to reflect a higher load than the weight of the truck itself? I want to get the most accurate picture of when my peak torque is occuring...

Thanks to anyone willing to share how they got their numbers, I've seen many people's trucks making a better TQ to HP ratio than my first run which had a 1.6:1 ratio of TQ to HP, I'm wanting to improve my tuning and I want to start by getting the most accurate #'s on the dyno.

Thanks! :cheers:

bballer182
September 27th, 2010, 02:23 AM
4th gear would be the best if you have stock'ish tires

LBZoom
September 27th, 2010, 03:17 AM
2nd gear if I'm running 285's? I figure that would be close....

Do you run a load on your truck when you dyno?

JoshH
September 27th, 2010, 08:26 AM
No, second gear is too low. I prefer to dyno in 5th, but some guys like 4th. I wouldn't go below 4th because you won't be able to load the motor enough.

Nemo
September 27th, 2010, 09:03 AM
I lock mine in 4th...

bballer182
September 27th, 2010, 12:53 PM
No, second gear is too low. I prefer to dyno in 5th, but some guys like 4th. I wouldn't go below 4th because you won't be able to load the motor enough.

Thats the biggest thing right there. If you don't load the engine you wont get an accurate numb

LBZoom
September 27th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Sweet, that's the exact info I've been looking for. I know you guys have a lot more time on the dyno than me and I've been concerned that my numbers and graphs weren't accurate enough... I don't know if my horsepower will improve but my torque should show better I would think? I think I'll dyno in 4th, because it's a stock tranny and 4th is stronger than 5th probably if I remember right?

I can't blame the guys at the dyno, they mostly run imports on the their dyno ;)

Boost
July 2nd, 2011, 12:17 PM
I need help. A truck that should make 450 / 850 just had a horrible dyno session in 90% humidity and dynoed in random gears downshifting and pulling from 2200 rpm and up made 380 / 780. How can I lock it in 4th? Please give me advice on how to dyno properly. Thanks a lot!

bballer182
July 3rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
best advice make a dyno trans tune that will disable down-shifting from 4th to 3rd and disable up-shifting from 4th to 5th.

Boost
July 3rd, 2011, 11:44 PM
Once again, thanks a lot bb! :)